Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Anthony Joshua was from Brooklyn or South Central....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Anthony Joshua was from Brooklyn or South Central....

Can you IMAGINE how hyped he'd be on NSB?

Larry would have him up there as the new Ali already.

Man that's a scary thought.

Thankfully he's only from the UK so he's little more than a bum to nsb

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah the hype would have been unreal.

Comment

Ward is from Oakland...............Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
        Can you IMAGINE how hyped he'd be on NSB?

Larry would have him up there as the new Ali already.

Man that's a scary thought.

Thankfully he's only from the UK so he's little more than a bum to nsb
        Holy ****. He'd be hailed as the next All-Time-Great.

But he really does have tools to be the class of this generation, if handled correctly. And a crowd pleasing style? I wouldn't care if he was from Micronesia right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic
          They'll do the same thing they did with Lennox Lewis.
          Different in a lot of ways- for one, Lennox's style was verrrrrrry deliberate and not crowd pleasing in the early half of his career. Frank Bruno was Britain's guy during that time. Manny Steward was the guy who got him to start opening up more. Secondly- some ppl were confused as to Lennox's origins.- what was he? He walked out to Jamaican music and loved his roots. And most importantly- he represented Canada in the Olympics and had lived there for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
            Different in a lot of ways- for one, Lennox's style was verrrrrrry deliberate and not crowd pleasing in the early half of his career. Frank Bruno was Britain's guy during that time. Manny Steward was the guy who got him to start opening up more. Secondly- some ppl were confused as to Lennox's origins.- what was he? He walked out to Jamaican music and loved his roots. And most importantly- he represented Canada in the Olympics and had lived there for a while.
            Yea I forgot about the Olympics.

Comment

I still can't believe HBO was ******ed enough to let such a potential cash crop slip to Showtime...

AJ has the potential to becoming the biggest star in this sport. Seriously. He just needs to not lose... and I think we all can agree there are less than five names that could possibly beat him right now.

Comment

Baby Miller is from Brooklyn. The 'Prince' Charles Martin stays in Cali folk...shouts to Dominic Brizzy from tha SGV Valley...but we dont hype our fighters like them Euros...and our boys will come see you when is that bum Joshua coming out of UK?

Comment

Now imagine if he was from Estonia, Nigeria, or something how hyped he would be with his resume.

Nobody would have any ****ing clue who he is.

The US and UK both have very potent hype machines. I don't know which is worse.

Comment

Many Americans aren't going to get too excited about an English boxer just as many Englishmen are going to get too excited about an American boxer. I am an American but I don't care if a boxer is an American or not. If I like a boxer I root for him to win no matter what country he is from. I like Joshua and root for him to win. If he fought American Wilder I think he would knock him out and I would root for him to do so.

Comment

Working...
                    X