The phoniness of the public, face to face stare down during pressers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
    Did this hit anybody else.

Watching Floyd and Maidana face to face, but knowing that isn't how he fights. The slight scuffle as if they're about to go after each other, but in the ring it's the total opposite.

Should movers like Floyd even be allowed to project masculinity during the face-face photo op when they're going to do the exact opposite on fight night? Perhaps a more accurate depiction would be Maidana standing there, while Floyd moves around the podium.
    LOL you sure dislike floydie at this stage? But yes he really wouldnt get in anybodys face unless they are female or when his 400 lbs bodyguards have his midget back. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
      I might be wrong, but I always felt that Floyd projects femininity more than masculinity. I just don't think he is intimidating at all...fake ghetto toughness, not exactly Mike Tyson.
      I agree with this guy, floyd just tries to act tough and use his big mouth. The footage of him trying to intimidate Guerrero and even that bit where he grabbed Ortiz at the weigh in was cringeworthy. I don't have a problem with someone intimidating someone else provided it's genuine. Duran and Tyson were genuinely intimidating people. But when guys like floyd try to act intimidating it's just embarrassing.

But the problem I have is the op stating that guys who use footwork are less masculine. I guess toney isn't very intimidating.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
        Did this hit anybody else.

Watching Floyd and Maidana face to face, but knowing that isn't how he fights. The slight scuffle as if they're about to go after each other, but in the ring it's the total opposite.

Should movers like Floyd even be allowed to project masculinity during the face-face photo op when they're going to do the exact opposite on fight night? Perhaps a more accurate depiction would be Maidana standing there, while Floyd moves around the podium.
        What just happened ????

Are we comparing manhood with caveman style fighting?

The less technique you have, the less of a man you are?

Maybe Floyd is staring in his eyes saying, " I pay my child support and have a harem of woman, I hold the door for a lady, and play with my child, so fear me".

Comment

Originally posted by DONDIisBack View Post
          What just happened ????

Are we comparing manhood with caveman style fighting?

The less technique you have, the less of a man you are?
          No. Not at all.

But in general, the Margarito, The Kelly Pavlik, the Edison Miranda style of fighter can carry his "Boxing" into a outside-the-ring confrontation. They can fight a guy in a scuffle the same way they do an opponent in the ring. Mike Tyson doesn't have to change anything if he was to get caught up in a fight on the street.

Now, Malignaggie, Floyd, Pernell Whitaker, any of these guys cannot project this tough guy exterior and look believable when that is not how they fight. Getting in someone's face as if you can't wait to get your hands on him does not look authenic, when on fight night you will be on the backfoot for most of the night.

Comment

Working...
          X