No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Dropped, Gets Close Split Nod Over Cano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    No, I also heard a lot of cheers in the background and boos usually outweigh the cheers. The fight could have gone either way, I don't understand the useless arguing back and forth.
    Are you serious? Listen to it during the decision and especially when they began the interviews. Paulie was getting boo'd hard at home and then a big applause for Cano during his interiew

I was there live, he was getting boo'd hard

Comment

I just scored the fight. I had it 6 rounds each, so with the knockdown I got Cano winning by 1 point. very close fight with very close rounds, but tbh I dont think its fair to give Malignaggi the decision cause other than jabbing he didnt do too much

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Are you serious? Listen to it during the decision and especially when they began the interviews. Paulie was getting boo'd hard at home and then a big applause for Cano during his interiew

I actually found it weird that I was hearing a lot of cheers for Cano, this was from the getgo, which indicated that regardless of where Malignaggi fights, he doesn't have much of a following. Regardless, this wasn't a robbery, those who had it for Cano gave it to him by a point. Not the robbery your spewing man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          I actually found it weird that I was hearing a lot of cheers for Cano, this was from the getgo, which indicated that regardless of where Malignaggi fights, he doesn't have much of a following. Regardless, this wasn't a robbery, those who had it for Cano gave it to him by a point. Not the robbery your spewing man.
          Paulie had the biggest applause when he was shown on the screen warming up. He had a good amount of fans there. I was surrounded by italians (which have to be the most annoying group).

Yes it was a robbery. I just re-watched the fight on showtime and i could see how all viewers were brain washed by the the commentating team, they were sucking Paulie off so hard

You dont get boo'd at home after "winning"

Comment

IMO good fight to watch and i told you.....

Comment

I had Cano winning by a point. Close fight that could have gone either way, that 118-109 scorecard was a disgrace. The judge should somehow get punished for that.

Comment

FMalignoggi looks like he is losing ever fight he's in except when won a title

Comment

This was a pretty good fight between Malignaggi vs Cano. I still have to go back and judge this fight. I am glad these guys gave it their all. Tough fight to score it could have gone either way. Malignaggi vs Zab next in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

I was also there live, just behind ringside and I thought Cano won 8 or 9 rounds. I didn't think the fight was close at all. I've never heard a fighter booed so loudly in his hometown. A group near me wearing "Team Malinaggi" shirts were shaking there heads and booing the decision like crazy. I'm going to watch the recording back on TV tonight, but it sure looked like a robbery to me.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tony B. View Post
                      I was also there live, just behind ringside and I thought Cano won 8 or 9 rounds. I didn't think the fight was close at all. I've never heard a fighter booed so loudly in his hometown. A group near me wearing "Team Malinaggi" shirts were shaking there heads and booing the decision like crazy. I'm going to watch the recording back on TV tonight, but it sure looked like a robbery to me.....
                      Going to rewatch tonight as well

Comment

Working...
                      X