No announcement yet.

Where the hell is Nicolas Walters, didnt a guy he beat just win a trinket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
    Walters got complacent after his first decent payday when he knocked out Donaire...ever since then he has gotten out of shape, postponed a fight because he wasn't close to weight, moved up to 130, looked average, and then demanded 1M to fight Lomachenko.

Most of these dudes just don't love the sport.
    a lot of fighters to admit

you have to be some kind of crazy to enjoy all the training and the damage recieved.

after the money rolls in, getting motivated has to be difficult unless you're a weirdo like Mayweather who loves it or has an overbearing dad like roy Jones or Porter

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      a lot of fighters to admit

you have to be some kind of crazy to enjoy all the training and the damage recieved.

after the money rolls in, getting motivated has to be difficult unless you're a weirdo like Mayweather who loves it or has an overbearing dad like roy Jones or Porter
      Yeah, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
        The opportunity to beat a rival no longer have any value. The potential of getting more money out of a winning performance is no longer considered.

Everyone starts with a loser's attitude, "I'll lose the fight, I might as well demand the money I want." Instead of, "I'll beat this mofo to a pulp." Then the money will follow.
        Man that's the truth

Comment

he wanted a ton of money to fight lomachenko.

he asked for a million dollars, which, for a tiny little guy with almost no following, is also known as a duck.

walters' main advantage was his ridiculous size at FW. dude was absolutely enormous. 5'7" tall, and 73 inches of reach, according to the boxrec. that's an inch shorter than floyd mayweather, and an inch longer reach.

he clearly killed himslef to get down to 26, and he was fighting smaller guys and looking spectacular.

the donaire win, being that it was a knockout over a future hall of famer in an exciting fight, earned him a lot of points in a lot of books, but he did nothing to capitalize on it, and he's looked more an more ordinary as he's fought guys his size.

you have to remember that darchinyan had an arguable hall of fame career at 112-115, and donaire had a hall of fame career from 112-122, and was the hardest punching bantamweight i've ever seen. these were very good little guys, but they were smaller than walters, a not so little guy who dries out to make 126, and they were also at the end of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Man that's the truth
            are you guys referring to Lomachenko?

I dont know much about the situation.

IMO...thats a winnable fight for either guy....its not like either guy is some all time great.....not too long ago Loma took an L to Salido, who is rugged but he is no world beater. Whose to say he wouldnt lose to Walters.....Walters has power, size and skills. Both are better than anyone the other guy has faced imo

I doubt either is afraid of the other but when its your profession you do have the right to say how much you deserve to get paid, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              he wanted a ton of money to fight lomachenko.

he asked for a million dollars, which, for a tiny little guy with almost no following, is also known as a duck.

walters' main advantage was his ridiculous size at FW. dude was absolutely enormous. 5'7" tall, and 73 inches of reach, according to the boxrec. that's an inch shorter than floyd mayweather, and an inch longer reach.

he clearly killed himslef to get down to 26, and he was fighting smaller guys and looking spectacular.

the donaire win, being that it was a knockout over a future hall of famer in an exciting fight, earned him a lot of points in a lot of books, but he did nothing to capitalize on it, and he's looked more an more ordinary as he's fought guys his size.

you have to remember that darchinyan had an arguable hall of fame career at 112-115, and donaire had a hall of fame career from 112-122, and was the hardest punching bantamweight i've ever seen. these were very good little guys, but they were smaller than walters, a not so little guy who dries out to make 126, and they were also at the end of their careers.
              I hear ya, and the last paragraph is 100%

I dont know all the details....isnt Walters with Top Rank? If he is, he may want to jump ship

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                The opportunity to beat a rival no longer have any value. The potential of getting more money out of a winning performance is no longer considered.

Everyone starts with a loser's attitude, "I'll lose the fight, I might as well demand the money I want." Instead of, "I'll beat this mofo to a pulp." Then the money will follow.
                That's why I like fighters like Broner, Maidana, and I'm trying to recall others with the same confident attitude when they enter the ring. Even though they don't always win their fights. And I believe 50% of it is all mental.

I saw it in the Peterson vs Garcia, where Lamont suddenly went toe to toe with Garcia in the later rounds making Danny fight for his life. At that point, Peterson stopped listening to his corner and let Peterson be Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  are you guys referring to Lomachenko?

I dont know much about the situation.

IMO...thats a winnable fight for either guy....its not like either guy is some all time great.....not too long ago Loma took an L to Salido, who is rugged but he is no world beater. Whose to say he wouldnt lose to Walters.....Walters has power, size and skills. Both are better than anyone the other guy has faced imo

I doubt either is afraid of the other but when its your profession you do have the right to say how much you deserve to get paid, at least.
                  Just talking about fighters in general, but it does look like Walters punked outta the Loma fight. When your opponent is offering you 300K out of his own pocket and you turn that down then that's pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                    That's why I like fighters like Broner, Maidana, and I'm trying to recall others with the same confident attitude when they enter the ring. Even though they don't always win their fights. And I believe 50% of it is all mental. I also saw it in the Peterson vs Garcia, where Lamont suddenly went toe to toe with Garcia in the later rounds making Danny fight for his life.
                    yea...broner doesnt get a lot of love for his out of ring antics but he isnt afraid to take risks

I wish he'd put his ego aside and get with a trainer who wont let him run free and bring him more discipline...he has all the physical tools, even mental toughness, he just lacks focus and sometimes has lapses mid fight.

Do you think Virgil Hunter, Roach, Nacho, Mayweather sr. (he kina hates broner lol) would be a good fit?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      Just talking about fighters in general, but it does look like Walters punked outta the Loma fight. When your opponent is offering you 300K out of his own pocket and you turn that down then that's pathetic
                      sounds pretty bad....any links?

Im not too quick to call pro fighters duckers...a lot of politics decide if fights are made or not

Comment

Working...
                      X