Tyson Fury should attend the January 16th paper belt fest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saint laurent
    Laced Up -

Vitali Klitschko was the consensus #1 heavyweight in the world for many years. Wladimir never unified the titles and never fought Vitali Klitschko. Everything I wrote in my original post was true and you've now been caught in multiple lies.

Your exact words: "Ring had Povetkin #1 at the time of the fight and so did TBRB"

You lied. TBRB did not have Povetkin #1. They had him #4 when the fight was signed and #3 when the fight took place. Your statement was 100% false.

If it was an honest mistake, then apologize, but save us the mental gymnastics to try to explain away why the facts aren't the facts. It's pathetic. If you don't like the TBRB rankings, that's lovely, but that doesn't give you the right to lie about what the rankings were.

Now you're changing the argument to "Povetkin SHOULD have been #1."

Thank you for your opinion, but he wasn't #1 and you were lying when you claimed he was.
    My words were no lie

As I pointed out - The rankings in September 2013 read:

#1 Klitschko
    #2 Haye
    #3 Povetkin

- By the time of the fight, Haye was inactive for 15 months which means he's automatically removed from the rankings - Rankings he shouldn't have been involved in anyway. Which means the rankings read Povetkin below Klitschko.

Pulev was also ranked #1 when Klitschko fought him. You said:

"klitschko has never faced #1"

- If it was an honest mistake, then apologize, but save us the mental gymnastics to try to explain away why the facts aren't the facts. It's pathetic.

So as I said, I was right.

And Ring also had him #1. And at no point did you qualify "#1" as must be TBRB which would have also been totally ridculous.

And your drivel about Vitali Klitschko is funny since he had retired by the time Wlad fought both Povetkin and Pulev.

I certainly never lied, Ring had both #1 and TBRB had Pulev #1, which makes your entire statement bullcrap even based on your ridiculous "must be TBRB" standards.

Comment

You're trapped man. Convicted by your own words.

"Ring had Povetkin #1 at the time of the fight and so did TBRB"

TBRB did not have Povetkin #1 at the time of the fight. You lied. I caught you. Type all the walls of text you want, I've gotcha. You should do the honorable thing and apologize.
      I get it. You're that special kind of stupid.

Wladimir never fought the #1 heavyweight in the world.

Comment

Eff Pandas -

Champion of what? Champion of your heart? You considering someone the best doesn't make them the champion of anything.
        Well the problem is the best aren't being made proven the best by any means as they used to be so yes I value my opinion above all else in the sport of who the best guy in a division is. The alphabet groups don't provide this service anymore & they haven't for several decades.

Typically I do agree with the main indie rankings (Ring, ESPN & TBRB) on the #1 guys, but I don't hold the lineal title in as high esteem as they seem to is why I have key issues with them with GGG over Canelo & Kovalev over Stevenson. I also think that if you are Foremaning a lineal title I can't hold you in high regard or as high regard anymore. All the current belts have MAJOR issues imo. And I suspect anything that comes to be after these corrupt alphabet groups get put outta business or they clean up their own business to be more respect will make a lot more sense then all the corrupt & nutty **** we got going down nowadays.

Your argument is that the alphabelts don't matter, being lineal champion doesn't matter
        You sometimes seem like the smartest dumb guy on the site or you purposely misunderstand what people are saying or try to put words in peoples mouths.

I clearly said that the corrupt alphabet groups matter less then they ever have in the sport of boxing. Are you denying that? There are 6 title holders in some divisions. You think this is just how things should be? You don't see that as a huge f#cking problem?

What I did say was that was that money makes decisions in boxing & that being the case the corrupt alphabet groups get more respect then they deserve because there is value/money in Lampley saying "we got a HUGE night of championship boxing".

Comment

Eff Pandas -

All you're doing is proving my point. I said they're all paper champions and you're saying since the best don't fight the best anymore, all you can do is pick your own champion. Which is fine. But the point remains that the lineage ended with Lennox and nobody has unified the division to establish a new lineage. So they're all paper champions.
          All that does is prove to us you don't know how lineage is established.

Comment

Fury 4 da win -

Hahahaha, all you did was post excuses for why you didn't counter my arguments, but you still can't counter them!

Please provide me with merely ONE example of me bailing on a thread when you found a hole in my logic.

I'll wait.
            Why would I want to engage you in debate? I've already read two pages of you desperately evading LacedUp's assertion that Wlad indeed fought his number one (Pulev), even when evidence was posted. I don't wish to bash my head against the same brick wall, thanks.

Comment

Lineage is established by gaining universal recognition as champion by the recognized governing bodies. That is how it has worked since long before either one of us were born (unless you're one of the oldest humans alive).

But why haven't you apologized yet for lying about Povetkin's ranking? You said TBRB had him #1 when he fought Klitschko. That was a lie. Their rankings archive proves you lied. Why do you refuse to apologize?
              As I said, you're proving once again that you simply have no clue about establishing lineage.

http://www.tbrb.org/2015/10/10/14-october-2014/ Pulev #1

Where's your apology?

Comment

I want to make it clear to everyone what a disingenuous poster "Laced Up" is. It's not merely stupidity. It's deliberate deception of the community. He was already caught lying about Povetkin's ranking when he fought Klitschko and now he has blatantly posted a false link to cover up his tracks since he is lying about Pulev as well.

Wladimir Klitschko fought Pulev on *NOVEMBER 15* 2014.

The most recent TBRB rankings before the fight were the *NOVEMBER 11* 2014 rankings.

http://www.tbrb.org/2015/10/10/11-november-2014/

As anyone can see, Pulev is *not* ranked #1. So, "Laced Up" posted the rankings from the month before to try to fool the community.

Someone would have to have a very sad life to purposely post false information to try to win a silly argument on a boxing message board.

"Laced Up" has now been caught in a series of lies in this thread. Hopefully in the future, people will think twice before trusting any info that he posts.
                What lie? I didn't check the exact date and posted what I thought was the most recent ranking.

You do realize that when the fight was made Pulev was ranked #1? How is it Wlad's fault that they decided to change his ranking to #2 4 days before the fight?

Add to that, the guy they put in #1 he had already beaten.

Jesus you are a special kind of stupid.

Also, what about ring rankings?

Comment

Working...
                X