Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guerrero vs Berto a tainted win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No he beat Berto fair and square...only question is, was Berto as effective without steroids being that it was his first fight without using them or after getting caught anyway

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      Red k'd you too recently mate

just know I had the intent to red k you again
      that's because you're a poof mate

Comment

I questioned my self, "was that even legal to hit and hold". But, I think Berto would have lost that fight anyway. I'd rather see Guerrero face Mayweather than Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
          Does anyone else feel Guerreros win was tainted because the referee did a lousy job of stopping the illegal hits from the Ghost?

Now before the flag toters get all excited. I dont blame Guerrero for doing what he had to do to win. It is what it is.

Also it didnt help that Berto was doing a Floyd impersonation and not fighting his fight.

But lets face those knock downs were illegal and the fight was no "blow out win". It was close and the difference could have been allowing those illegal shots with out any warnings or even disqualification considering the damage that was done.

....oh and Im not Ghost hater or Berto lover..as a matter of fact this is a VERY unbiased opinion because I dont care too much for either fighter.

Berto had a bad game plan. But although Berto had a bad gameplan, I do think that fight would have played out much differently if the beginning of the fight was regulated properly. The knockdown in the beginning changed things quite a bit.

And I'm sorry but there's no excuses for no points being deducted for nonsense like this.

Comment

Well said. You rhetoric was as eloquent as stuttering John at an Ivy league school debate.
            Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
            its true though he did beat the brakes off him someone replay the last 10 seconds one more time.
            The last 10 seconds?...Is this discussion too deep?
            well i'd say the last 10 seconds pretty much sums up this entire fight. it was a straight lashing by guerrero.

i can't believe someone would seriously try to argue that fight, man lay off the ganjah.

Comment

nope, all berto did was hold, his own corner kept yelling at him to stop holding robert. The first KD was berto holding robert right hand and so robert swung with his left and put his ass down. Second KD berto again held and robert put it on him with the free hand. Nothing to complain and nothing was tainted, its was a legit solid win.

Comment

1st round holding behind the neck and hitting.
                They even show in slow motion. 1ST ROUND AND SECOND!

How is 2 knockdowns to start a fight NOT effect the rest?
                Last edited by DondiNeverLeft; 01-03-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  Berto had a bad game plan. But although Berto had a bad gameplan, I do think that fight would have played out much differently if the beginning of the fight was regulated properly. The knockdown in the beginning changed things quite a bit.

And I'm sorry but there's no excuses for no points being deducted for nonsense like this.

I think the fact that I am not a flag toter and dont really favor either fighter allows me too see something others cannot.

I agree with you....to me its obvious.

Also How can people call this a GREAT FIGHT but at the same time call it a blowout? Blow out wins are great fights...I thought competitive fights were

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                      nope, all berto did was hold, his own corner kept yelling at him to stop holding robert. The first KD was berto holding robert right hand and so robert swung with his left and put his ass down. Second KD berto again held and robert put it on him with the free hand. Nothing to complain and nothing was tainted, its was a legit solid win.

WTF were you watching bro? I guess he could have been holding his hand with his face
                      Last edited by Phenom; 01-03-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X