Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest Empire of all Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally some intelligent convo up in here.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
      *****LAS!!! your story about the fat broad with pubes shaved into a heart, who tasted like cotton candy belongs there as well. . . for some reason or another! haha just can't stop thinking about that!

I forgot I even posted that. lol

Comment

• Hmm this thread is hard to vote on because it is so generic. so i am going to say the romans. because their empire lasted 1000 year. but their descendants also started empires. so the romans by far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
          I prefer Buttbarian or Attila the Bum for teh witty stuffs, but I ain't interested in starting a fresh. The deed's been done. And most people's opinion here isn't worth its weight in sawdust.
          I like cars though. Think some guys here know a lot about cars. That would prove an interesting poll.
          What kind of cars did you have in mind Buttbarbarian?

Comment

• Originally posted by SigarSmoker View Post
            Anyway im speaking on the behalf of all the African Americans here. why didnt you include any of their ancestors empires in the poll?
            they were conquered by a ship full of white guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
              That could be argued but I wouldn't compare them to the civilizations of Easter Island or any other Polynesian civilizations. They were much more advanced in every way.
              They were more complex, but the comparison is in the speed and manner of their collapse due to stripped resources exacerbated by damaging religious practises.

I'm not saying it wouldn't happen but you are diminishing them to some irrelevant civilization that accomplished a lot for being isolated geographically and evolving much faster than their European counter parts in the same era of their time.
              When they were discovered they were in fatal decline, and were still many centuries behind the civilization that discovered them. That's why my argument is that they didn't make any lasting contribution to the progression of humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                What kind of cars did you have in mind Buttbarbarian?
                Well, I'm more into the classics like Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Mercedes etc. However, they're not quite as popular these days with the younger folk (at least I don't think they are) - so I'd be interested to know what the dream car would be for the average 20 somethings of this generation. If money was of no concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                  Well, I'm more into the classics like Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Mercedes etc. However, they're not quite as popular these days with the younger folk (at least I don't think they are) - so I'd be interested to know what the dream car would be for the average 20 somethings of this generation. If money was of no concern.
                  Bugatti Veyron

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    They were more complex, but the comparison is in the speed and manner of their collapse due to stripped resources exacerbated by damaging religious practises.

When they were discovered they were in fatal decline, and were still many centuries behind the civilization that discovered them. That's why my argument is that they didn't make any lasting contribution to the progression of humanity.
                    Your still not making a great case against them. You are arguing a hypothetical as fact stating that they would have declined and disappeared in the time you set, which is just opinion.

Second, the fact that they did not contribute to anything in Europe is irrelevant. You don't just judge a civilization based on comparison but comparison to other cultures in the same time frame.

When Europeans were in their stone age, they were no where near as advanced as the ancient Mexicans and South Americans. You are talking about people who had advancements in mathematics, agriculture and engineering. Yes they were savage in many respects but some might even argue that the elite class used religion and those beliefs to control the population and not necessarily believe it themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X