Is Martial Art Literally a Form of Art?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is.

Comment

ROK Marines were feared because of their tactics during vietnam.

They were efficient and ruthless.

They pretty much would surround a village and kill EVERYONE.

Had nothing to do with tae kwon do. They had tanks and rifles and howitzers for crying our loud.

You think the viet cong gave a crap they trained tae kwon do?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        ROK Marines were feared because of their tactics during vietnam.

They were efficient and ruthless.

They pretty much would surround a village and kill EVERYONE.

Had nothing to do with tae kwon do. They had tanks and rifles and howitzers for crying our loud.

You think the viet cong gave a crap they trained tae kwon do?
        What you say is true but it's also true that they took their hand-to-hand training very seriously and it consisted of tae kwon do.

As for your gun argument...any moron can pull a trigger. I don't think that has anything to do with the fact that kenjutsu and FMA are art forms that can be very effective at kicking ass.
        Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 06-21-2016, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
          Goddamn right it's a way of making money, lol.

We pay for belt testing, board breaking, competitions, etc.

The thing is, he's really good at it. I'm not just saying that because he's my son. But that's how I know it's all bullshit. He's 8 years old and his form looks better than 90% of their black belts.
          Why not put the little guy in boxing instead?

Amateur medals/trophies look cooler in your living room then those belts anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            What you say is true but it's also true that they took their hand-to-hand training very seriously and it consisted of tae kwon do.

As for your gun argument...any moron can pull a trigger. I don't think that has anything to do with the fact that kenjutsu and FMA are art forms that can be very effective at kicking ass.
            You were talking about guys with swords and knives kicking guys ass without one.

No one gave a crap rokmc trained tae kwon do.

Pistols are rarely used in war. Let alone martial arts like tae kwon dom

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              You were talking about guys with swords and knives kicking guys ass without one.

No one gave a crap rokmc trained tae kwon do.

Pistols are rarely used in war. Let alone martial arts like tae kwon dom
              You were talking about BJJ guys kicking guys' asses who don't groundfight. Same difference.

I brought up the ROK Marines because there are actual accounts of them kicking ass in Vietnam with taekwondo.

Martial arts are rarely used in war in the modern era but throughout history the Japanese and Chinese and many others did use their arts in warfare.

Comment

Working...
              X