No announcement yet.

Golovkin is too big for Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too big my @ss.

Canelo's fightnight weight is no doubt heavier than GGG's is now. They weighed about the same years ago when Canelo was still developing.

The problem is his physique. More like a bodybuilder than an elite fighter. That's why his movement sucks and he always seems to gas out quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
      What was Khan's PPV history that landed him the Canelo fight?

It wasn't the PPV history that got him the fight, it was:

- Smaller man, 1-2 weight divisions below
      - Catchweight
      - No hydration clause
      - Weak Chin
      - Lack of focus in fights
      - Light puncher
      - Known name (good or bad)

When GBP look for Canelo opponents, they look for extreme weaknesses. And if they manage to underestimate the opponent, that's fine too. The judges are already on pay roll. But Canelo is a beast, he's like Tony the Tiger, he's great...

Comment

Originally posted by Triple Genius View Post
        I'm not saying GGG will ever be as monetary successful as Canelo, but that fight in which they did 900k had a lot more to do with Cotto. You get a guy who has a strong base in the US, and Triple G can be part of a 900k PPV or at least close to it. I think Canelo/GGG can get close to it.
        Cotto helped, obviously but it's fairly obvious that Canelo was the A side in terms of fans even against a big name in Cotto.

I don't think he means he doesn't have to fight him period, just that he doesn't need him as he can make that money anywhere. It's not "GGG or no pay day" for Canelo in the way it is for GGG.

Comment

Working...
        X