No announcement yet.

New Assassin's Creed Confirmed for 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Assassin's Creed Confirmed for 2012

The game will be the end of Desmond's story.

October 3, 2011

Assassin's Creed Revelations Creative Lead Alexandre Amacio has revealed that a new Assassin's Creed will release in 2012.

Speaking to Eurogamer, Amacio confirmed that a new installment will be coming before the end of next year.

"In Assassin's Creed we set up a timeline with this whole end of the world plot of December 2012. That's fast approaching, and the story we have to tell, we obviously need to do it before we arrive at that point," he said. "We had such a complex and strong narrative that we ourselves did our best to just try to execute these games before that date. It would be stupid of us to be centering a game on a semi-reality and then have that conclusion happen after that date in real life."

Ubisoft previously revealed that Assassin's Creed Revelations would be "the final chapter of the Ezio trilogy," but Amacio has now confirmed that Desmond's story will continue for one more game.

"Assassin's Creed is all about cycles - we have the Ezio cycle and the Altair cycle, and both of those are set to conclude in Revelations and we have the Desmond cycle, which is set to end on December 2012," he said. "But there's many cycles within the brand - that's the whole point. History is our playground."

Since the first game released in 2007, Assassin's Creed releases have come annually. Amacio added that this schedule will likely slow down after next year's installment.

"We're already structuring the way we do Assassin's Creed, so it will no longer ever be like that," he added. "Our development approach is changing so our cycles aren't structured the same way - so it gives us a little bit more development time."

Assassin's Creed Revelations will hit PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on November 15th. The PC version will release in early December.

ign

jesus christ, put some development time into your games..

dude, these games are sick though. Any other game I get pissed with quick releases of a follow up. Not with Assassin's Creed though. This aint no BS Madden crap where it's the exact same game with a few minor tweeks. Every AC game has been an improvement of the last and pound 4 pound one of the best games series in recent times.

The first one was cool, but too redundant...got boring after time.

The second one was a huge improvement, so much more to do and it didn't get boring, not to mention an ATG ending.

Brotherhood was even better than the second and just a great game to play. Also had a crazy ending.

Revelations looks sweet, can't wait to get it.

And if the trend continues the final will be dope as well.

All of the games have a ton of content and quite frankly, I can't believe they are able to release new games so quickly. They're amazing games with so much detail and very advanced storylines.

Comment

Assassins Creed has always been amazing except for that crappy Altairs chronicles on the Nintendo DS.

Comment

Finally they finish that Ezio. I seriously got tired of the series because of that alone. 3 installments with Ezio. I don't know what the new one is gonna be about but it sounds like Desmond won't be in the animus anymore. Lookin forward to it.

Comment

Okey okey... real (smack) talk now.

When Assassins Creed 2 was first announced they said this franchise would only be a 3 part series (trilogy) like Mass Effect.

Then..... They figured out ''Why not milk this franchise for all it's worth and stretch the story as far as humanly possible''

The result is a Modern Warfare type, milked out franchise with all creativity sucked out of it.

And I like both Assassin's Creed and MW.. Just don't like what it've become.

Comment

for some reason I have a very hard time giving a shit about games that aren't BF or Fight Night

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
              jesus christ, put some development time into your games..
              I felt that way when i heard they were releasing Brotherhood something like 9 months after AC2, but the finnished product was better in almost every way, so now i just give them the benefit of the doubt.

Huge fan of the series, got Revelations reserved and will probably jump on this one too.

Comment

Working...
              X