Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy was paid off

Comment

• Originally posted by zzat View Post
      So what did Cortez mean when he said let's go and clapped his hands between. After he looked at the time keeper and said time in. Did you not see this?
      I have the advantage of a dvr and he didn't do any such thing. Can watch it any time i like. As a matter of fact, I would record and post the whole sequence if I knew how. Cortez wasn't ready for them to start fighting. Plain and simple. Had he been, he would have been looking at the fighters. He then used this as an excuse to help Floyd get the 'w' acting like he was paying attention and it was all legal. It was a joke.

Comment

• Joe Cortez is a horrible Ref no matter what fight. I'd say he has more contraversy around him than any other. Makes Russel Mora look like a saint.

Comment

• Originally posted by pit View Post
          Dude you looking lay blame where there is none. Even if Cortez was looking at the fighter what is he suppose to do yell at Ortiz to get his hand he going to hit you ? NO !! The fighter were order to continue fighting period .. The circumstances as to why Ortiz to drop his hand and hug was his own choice, and was not the responsibility of Cortez or Floyd too look after. The ref job is the make sure the fight is fair and the safety of the fighter if the fighter can not defend himself, NOT if the fighter DECIDES NOT TO DEFEND HIMSELF which Ortiz did in this case.
          Cortez never made it clear the fight was back underway, your point is moot and void. He was too busy dicking with the timekeeper.

Comment

• so were just going to ignore cortez history of helping floyd out and even if you dont think he helped him then why does all this shady **** happen in mayweather fights when cortez is the referee

Comment

• Originally posted by rocktx View Post
              Remember all this happened in the heat of battle. It happened in the spur of the moment. Its not like Floyd's gonna site there and rationalize the whole situation while he's in fight mode and Ortiz is sitting there with his hands down.

"Oh wait let me think about larry Mechant all the critics and fans before i knoeck this guy out, maybe i should wait and think about what may be best for my legacy in the future" Thats alot to sit there and think about in 1 second
              I agree but keep inmind that he kept his cool after zab hit him low more than once, and let his skills show until zab took it to the streets but you see my point, why didn't he go after zab then? and also joe cortez had no control of the fight over the last 20-30 seconds, if u notice floy left the neutral corner after cortez pointed him there and began pacing back & forth angling and when ortiz attempted to apologize again! the look in his eyes and the expression on his face said it all

Comment

• Cortez is the worst ref in boxing, he needs to be retired.

It's easy to say Ortiz made a rookie mistake, he did but Cortez NEVER instructed either boxer to continue, he did however turn to the judges/time keeper and say something about ready to restart and Ortiz went and hugged Mayweather then bang and Joe for all his glory was looking out into the crowd.

Worst refereeing I've seen in boxing for sometime, but Joe has ****ed up a bunch of times now, ironically 2nd Mayweather fight I can recall.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  At what point did he instruct them to fight? He never made the hand gesture nor did it come out of his mouth. Furthermore, if he DID instruct him, why would he look away and talk to the judges instead of paying attention to whats going on inside of the ring?

Cortez ****ed up, again.

he didnt?

Comment

• check around 6 seconds before the KO u hear him say LETS GO

Comment

• Why would Cortez tell them to fight and then ask the timekeeper if he was ready? Does that actually make sense to anybody here?

Comment

Working...
                      X