Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bangkok: Pitfalls of Watching Boxing in the Thai Capital

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bangkok: Pitfalls of Watching Boxing in the Thai Capital

“I’d have to get in roughly nine hours late to be in danger of missing this fight” That was my bold prediction as I boarded the night train from the northern city of Chiang Mai to the sprawling madness of Bangkok, Thailand’s capital. Somewhere amongst the chaos the unfortunate Filipino Alvin Bais, 13-0-0 (3 KO’s), would be fighting Thailand’s own Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, 15-1-1 (14 KO’s) for the WBC Asian Boxing Council Super-Flyweight Title. Well… guess what? I missed the fight. I missed all the fights.

[Click Here To Read More]

Nice change of pace article for boxingscene, would love to learn more about boxing in thailand, as everything seems more interesting in Thailand.

Comment

I was entertained by this article.

Comment

Typical Thailand

Great article, a very interesting read. Thailand is amazing, but if you want to watch a fight go and see Muay Thai rather than boxing, much easier!

Comment

Sounds like it was a crazy trip.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            “I’d have to get in roughly nine hours late to be in danger of missing this fight” That was my bold prediction as I boarded the night train from the northern city of Chiang Mai to the sprawling madness of Bangkok, Thailand’s capital. Somewhere amongst the chaos the unfortunate Filipino Alvin Bais, 13-0-0 (3 KO’s), would be fighting Thailand’s own Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, 15-1-1 (14 KO’s) for the WBC Asian Boxing Council Super-Flyweight Title. Well… guess what? I missed the fight. I missed all the fights.

[Click Here To Read More]
            The title of this article should be called The pitfalls of going anywhere in Bangkok........next time get yourself an English/Thai map to show to the Taxi drivers itll help...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1706 View Post
              The title of this article should be called The pitfalls of going anywhere in Bangkok........next time get yourself an English/Thai map to show to the Taxi drivers itll help...
              Sometimes maps, especially those generalized on business cards, aren't enough. A phone number of the venue is more reliable. The taxi driver can then call someone and get directions.

Comment

Working...
              X