• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

big mistake.,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      great advice for someone who has a tendency to gas
      Hell yeah! Mak went back to the Johnny T avi!

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        But you need to train for that type of situation so that when it happens, you're ready. In principle training is supposed to be harder than the fight, at least that's the mentality you should have.

Maybe for quiet fights but there a lot of fights where the pace is intense. Why only train for the best case scenario? Boxing is a sport with a 3:1 work to rest ratio so your training should reflect that. Fighters don't always work hard for the full round but every once in a while they end up in a situation where they have to, and that's when they're glad they trained for that.
        I see what you are saying. These old school guys though would fight for 15 rounds like 10 or more times a year and all they did was jumprope and run...I don't know how they had that kind of stamina.....the running had to be doing something right.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          I see what you are saying. These old school guys though would fight for 15 rounds like 10 or more times a year and all they did was jumprope and run...I don't know how they had that kind of stamina.....the running had to be doing something right.
          Running helps your legs and feet feel pain and get use to it. Plus it helps with cardio, but skipping is also great for cardio.

Get anyone to do 1000 skips and see how they do it. Legs and cardio build up with skipping for sure.

Comment

Holyfield and Toney didn't do much road work and they had crazy stamina. Well they had crazy chins too. George Foreman had a crazy chin too but he was known to run long, long distances, almost marathons. Floyd runs like Forrest, Margarito runs like crazy, Pavlik runs a lot too. These guys' stamina is unbelievable. Same with Zaghe, the best stamina in combat sports most likely.

Comment

I think running is also very psychological, when adrenaline hits there are two reactions flight or fight.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                Holyfield and Toney didn't do much road work and they had crazy stamina. Well they had crazy chins too. George Foreman had a crazy chin too but he was known to run long, long distances, almost marathons. Floyd runs like Forrest, Margarito runs like crazy, Pavlik runs a lot too. These guys' stamina is unbelievable. Same with Zaghe, the best stamina in combat sports most likely.
                Toney and Holyfield were on something though.

Comment

Originally posted by Uns View Post
                  Running helps your legs and feet feel pain and get use to it. Plus it helps with cardio, but skipping is also great for cardio.

Get anyone to do 1000 skips and see how they do it. Legs and cardio build up with skipping for sure.
                  After about 400 or so, I start to feel it in my feet pretty good. I normally do 3 minute rounds in some of my routines and it isn't all that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Uns View Post
                    Toney and Holyfield were on something though.
                    Calzaghe had amazing stamina...Bradley too, he runs like crazy

Comment

Marvin Hagler did sprints but he was on the road jogging while doing 6-8 miles of sprints and that **** is hardcore.

If Khan is doing 6-8 miles of sprints every morning all the more power to him.

But on the other hand, JMM runs like 10 miles a day and he has great stamina..
                      Last edited by Shabba Rank$; 06-04-2012, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X