Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton Warns Khan on Mayweather, Picks Pacquiao To Lose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOL @ ppl who say Floyd retired to duck Cotto or Margarito. Floyd had already left TR & after the DLH fight he was arguably the biggest star in the sport giving him the leverage in any negotiations. Arum would never have let either fight go down & we all know it. Hell he won't even let Manny fight him now.

They say he ducked Margarito to fight Baldomir, but here is the truth. Arum didn't want to give Floyd the DLH fight so he offered him $8M to fight Margs. At the time Floyd had a buyout clause in his contract that was only available for a limited time so Arum put a stipulation in the contract that would've bound Floyd to TR for an additional 4 fights. Floyd was almost assured none of those 4 fights would be against DLH and he wanted $10M guaranteed for all fights after Margs were as Arum would only guarantee $7M so he left TR & eventually got the DLH fight.

Once he left TR there was no Arum was gonna let him fight any of his fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by cjun View Post
      Flint...you obviously went to the same school as the Mayweathers as you display the same deft skill with the English language.

Anyway, all ******ed humanoids aside, Hatton is showing the same resentment that DLH showed when he retired as well. They both got killed by Pacquiao and are bitter about it. Hatton will kiss FMJs ass because of his association with FMSr and everyone of these tools feels the need to pile on the nice guy who doesn't shoot his mouth off. Especially if that guy retired you.

Pacquiao ducking worse than FMJr? Really? Both guys are handpicking opponents at this point because they can. They are both cash cows. Floyd avoided Cotto and Margarito in their primes by RETIRING. If that isn't the ultimate act in ducking fighters then I don't know what that is.

I don't think Pac beats Floyd. He's got great defense and he's a supreme counter puncher and aside from the occasional unintelligible argument with his idiot father that requires a translator, he doesn't seem to have the distractions in his camp that Pacquiao has while training. If Pacquiao gets hungry again and stops trying to solve the world's problems, and making crappy novelty albums then he might stand a chance. Plus, he's not doing the work in camp like he used to, because he's dictating everything.

FMJr trains like a beast in the gym, because he's always got something to prove. Manny doesn't and it shows. Pacquiao is like Rocky in Rocky III, he got soft off of the fat lifestyle. All the adulation in the world won't help you in the ring.

Until he really, and I mean REALLY focuses on training like he did before that DLH fight, he won't bring the A game he needs to complete with Floyd. The Marquez fight proved that.

He only won because ODH needed IV fluids to gain 2lb in weight from the weigh-in ,,,,, that kid !!!!! IS DEADMAN WALKING ,,,,, he struggled with Mosley despite the score , he was frustrated and could not handle a little speed and boxing skill .
      Then JMM , a great counter boxer and technically by the book , he was was only slowed a little by the CW he wasnt sucked out he was stronger , up or down is a big difference concerning a CWs .

Pac fans have swallowed the hype like a fish on a fly ,,

FLOYD WILL SCHOOL MANNY !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        Sarcasm.. as the idiot I was replying to seems to think he's butthurt.
        I see I see, never seem to know on this site. Sarcasm is hard to pick up on via the internet.

Comment

Everybody talks about marketing the fight but that has already been done for the past two years! Lets say they decided to make the fight in November- do you really think it's going to make much more money when it's so close to the holidays? Maybe they'll get more money from the television networks but they'll loose money on pay per view buys specially a fight of this magnitude, which they will for sure increase the rate.

Comment

Working...
          X