No announcement yet.

One thing that was made clear over the weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
    i dont get how people figure this, do you idiots just think, well, marquez is a counter puncher...and so is floyd, well so is bernard hopkins, so is roy jones

marquez fights nothing like mayweather you twat
    I'm not claiming he's a clone of Floyd. Where it matters, they are very similar. Avoiding shots, counterpunching, movement.

What else does Marquez have the troubles Pac? Jab? Check. Left hook? Check. Right hand? Check.

Floyd can fight in the pocket just as well if not better than Marquez.

Thanks for the name calling btw. Very mature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
      i dont get how people figure this, do you idiots just think, well, marquez is a counter puncher...and so is floyd, well so is bernard hopkins, so is roy jones

marquez fights nothing like mayweather you twat
      You can't explain this to some people...."if JMM can do it, then we know Floyd can...just look at what Floyd did to JMM" LOL......

Comment

Originally posted by right_hand_lead View Post
        I don't think this is a triangle theory issue. It's a styles issue.

Floyd is a bigger, faster, stronger version of Marquez. Pacquiao was supposed to be such an "improved" fighter since Pac vs Marquez 2, but that clearly was proven wrong.

Imagine Floyd in there with Pac.
        So going by your theory.

Floyd strugled with Castillo and argubaly lost the first fight.

Margarito is bigger stronger tougher version of Castillo he would have beat Mayweather.

Is that right?

Comment

I dont know why anyone gave Pacquiao a chance in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            How so? Does Floyd use uppercuts lie JMM did? Does Floyd throw 5 and 6 punch combinations on a regular basis? Does Floyd lean in and duck under punches or does he lean away from punches and turn (which takes away his ability to shoot counters around Pac's combinations)?

Just because a guy has a certain weakness, it would prove vital to look at exactly how those weaknesses were exploited. Throwing one counter punch at a time and slipping a punch is not going to win you any fight against Pac. His activity alone will swamp you- unless you are able to trade with Pac and effectively counter will doing it, anyone is going to have a very hard night.
            You type this nonsense but will be quiet as a churchmouse when it gets refuted.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              So going by your theory.

Margarito is bigger stronger tougher version of Castillo he would have beat Mayweather.

Is that right?
              I think comparing Castillo to Margarito is a poor comparison. Castillo is a better boxer.

I'm not using triangle theories people. That's amateur hour. I'm simply saying I think Floyd has the tools that are similar to Marquez and more to beat Pac.

In general, Pac struggles with counterpunching boxers with a good jab and right hand (Morales, Marquez, etc). There's nothing wrong with saying that.

Comment

It's not down to the fact Marquez is a counter puncher and had success so Mayweather will.

It's down to the fact that it seems that Pacquaio seems to have a weakness to someone having the ability to make him miss and make him pay.

It seems that Pacquaio isn't overly comfortable with opponents who don't want to engage with him.

To me, Mayweather is able to pull this kind of thing off better than anyone Pacquaio has faced.

For me, it all comes down to Pacquaio's glaring weaknesses are met by Mayweather overwhelming ability to exploit them. Which is why I think Mayweather wins with relative ease.

This all without the fact that Mayweather is faster, more skilled, better defensively, better natural gifts than anyone Pacquaio has ever faced. Along with other tangents such as having the longer reach, being the bigger man etc.

But that's just my opinon.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  So going by your theory.

Is that right?
                  With his plaster, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by right_hand_lead View Post
                    I think comparing Castillo to Margarito is a poor comparison. Castillo is a better boxer.

I'm not using triangle theories people. That's amateur hour. I'm simply saying I think Floyd has the tools that are similar to Marquez and more to beat Pac.

In general, Pac struggles with counterpunching boxers with a good jab and right hand (Morales, Marquez, etc). There's nothing wrong with saying that.
                    Just as good as Marquez compared to Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      How so? Does Floyd use uppercuts lie JMM did? Does Floyd throw 5 and 6 punch combinations on a regular basis? Does Floyd lean in and duck under punches or does he lean away from punches and turn (which takes away his ability to shoot counters around Pac's combinations)?

Just because a guy has a certain weakness, it would prove vital to look at exactly how those weaknesses were exploited. Throwing one counter punch at a time and slipping a punch is not going to win you any fight against Pac. His activity alone will swamp you- unless you are able to trade with Pac and effectively counter will doing it, anyone is going to have a very hard night.
                      Based on what?

Who has he fought with a style remotely like that to assure you that it wouldn't work?

Comment

Working...
                      X