Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So a man who walks around at 170+ is more comfortable at 140 than 147...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatton only fought twice at 147 so its hard to judge, He fought boxer/movers instead of the slow movers that he likes and fought at 140, Another thing is he didnt seem to drain himself at 147 but he cant fight big WW because of his own physical shortcomings.

Comment

If I was 5'7 250, I'd be healthier and more prime at 200, even more so at 180, even more so @ 160, even more so at 150, 140 would prolly be perfect. Though it would take some work to get to 200 and even more so @ to get to 180 and so on. It is not considered draining when it is your prime weight.

Comment

the point here really is...hatton went to welter, he struggled but he got a title. if he felt good at that weight he should have stayed there and defend his title. but he didn't and came back to 140 instead. fighters know their body and what's best for them more than anybody else. fans should stop pretending to know better.

Comment

140 Hatton, 147 Hatton, same ol Hatton.

Comment

Ricky Hatton is 5'6. He is slightly shorter than Pacquiao. How many 5'6 welterweights do you see?

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
              the point here really is...hatton went to welter, he struggled but he got a title. if he felt good at that weight he should have stayed there and defend his title. but he didn't and came back to 140 instead. fighters know their body and what's best for them more than anybody else. fans should stop pretending to know better.
              I get what you are saying but Hatton and his team said the mistake they made the first time was that they put on too much weight with the move to 147 which effected Hatton's performance. Could be the exact reason that in the PBF fight he came in weighing the same as he always would for a fight at 140. Besides the fact they felt PBF was a small WW they could push around.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                I get what you are saying but Hatton and his team said the mistake they made the first time was that they put on too much weight with the move to 147 which effected Hatton's performance. Could be the exact reason that in the PBF fight he came in weighing the same as he always would for a fight at 140. Besides the fact they felt PBF was a small WW they could push around.
                so are you saying that they can not correct that mistake if hatton stayed at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                  so are you saying that they can not correct that mistake if hatton stayed at 147?
                  They did correct what they felt they did wrong and he still lost. Weight had nothing to do with IMO he lost to a fighter who better than him in every aspect of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                    They did correct what they felt they did wrong and he still lost. Weight had nothing to do with IMO he lost to a fighter who better than him in every aspect of boxing.
                    i'm not disputing that but that's not the point of my post you quoted. all i'm saying was he came back to 140 because he felt that was the best for him during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Badguy View Post
                      Everyone knows Ricky Hatton is a ****ing fat dude... If you asked me, Early in the Floyd fight, Hatton looked better than he did in any fight after that. I swear Pacs little boylovers will say anything. Just seen a thread full of airheads claim that the Hatton who had been embarrased by Floyd in front of his countrymen a couple fights pryor was better than UNDEFEATED Ricky Hatton....smh... Who cares if he moved up 7 pounds. Why is it cool for Floyd to move up in weight and fight people but it's wrong for people to move up and fight Floyd? smh Floyd destroyed the undefeated Ricky Hatton....period
                      We get it, you love Floyd, and you hate Manny.

Move one.

Comment

Working...
                      X