Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else here that DOESN'T want boxing back on network tv?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else here that DOESN'T want boxing back on network tv?

I may be in the minority, maybe not, but I definitely don't want to see boxing back on network tv. I feel like they wouldn't do it justice. The production value is so much better on HBO and Showtime than it would be on NBC, CBS, etc. It just has that special feel to it when it's on premium cable. Going back to network tv would be a step backwards at this point. Your guys' thoughts?

only reason why I wouldn't want boxing on network TV is if they have crappy fights and that would probably hurt the sport more.

If they can't figure out a way to get the same amount of money as they would on HBO/Showtime for fighters then we would just end up with slightly better Friday Night Fight type of cards.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      only reason why I wouldn't want boxing on network TV is if they have crappy fights and that would probably hurt the sport more.

If they can't figure out a way to get the same amount of money as they would on HBO/Showtime for fighters then we would just end up with slightly better Friday Night Fight type of cards.
      The only reason we have crappy fights is because boxing doesnt have enough exposure.

If a lot more people were famous for boxing, then more people would want to be boxers and there would be more competition to get to the top, therefore better fights.

Comment

I always say the same thing about this subject, the quality of boxing matches on network tv will be no better than Friday Night Fights or Telemundo. Maybe even worse.

People are clamoring for it, like if they're gonna get top 10 fighters fighting eachother. That's not what would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
          The only reason we have crappy fights is because boxing doesnt have enough exposure.

If a lot more people were famous for boxing, then more people would want to be boxers and there would be more competition to get to the top, therefore better fights.
          we have crappy fights/cards because of money. why are HBO cards typically always better than FNF cards? More money.

Comment

regular tv = crap fights

no one would watch other than hardcore boxing fans

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
              regular tv = crap fights

no one would watch other than hardcore boxing fans
              Even then, hardcore boxing fans would probably find something better to do.

Comment

People can't complain that Boxing isn't where it once was if they don't want a bigger platform for the sport to be on. Money is a big issue to why Boxing isn't on Network TV.

Comment

The majority of fight fans don't. I always wonder why the fans are clamoring to look for the next ppv attraction. Fact is the sport have evolved into a superstar driven sport.

That is why I simply don't support the 2 biggest draws in the sport. I mean seriously (Pacman) especially has made an honest living these last couple of years feasting on shot fighters outside of Marquez & stuffing that $h!t on ppv. And his fans buy the crap all the time.

If the fans stopped purchasing trash & supported the guys like the Punisher & Bradley who'll fight anyone, then maybe we can get better quality fights.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Even then, hardcore boxing fans would probably find something better to do.
                    yup, lose lose situation

Comment

Working...
                    X