Is miguel cotto one of the top5 fighters of his generation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carlos-El_indio View Post
    the mayweather/pacquaio/cotto/marquez/vasquez/klitschko era
    would he??cause he was still green when manny and floyd had won multiple titles

Comment

If I was to do a list I'd have guys like Glen Johnson, Bernard Hopkins, JMM, Andre Ward (If he wins the tournament), Margarito (duh since he beat Cotto and has wins over Martinez and beat Clottey more convincingly), all ranked over Cotto. And if Bradley was to beat Alexander and Khan he should be ranked over Cotto too. Froch is knocking on the door as well regardless of what people think about him. And having Cotto ranked over Floyd is ******ed regardless of Floyd ducking him. I may be generous enough to give Cotto top ten but that's where it ends. If you guys wanna overrate Cotto go ahead. But I just don't have a high opinion of him fighting guys like Gomez, Mayorga, Branco, and Malinaggi. And his best wins are controversial. Top five. Okay guys. Whatever floats ya boat.
      Last edited by Iceta Lives; 01-29-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
        no. There have been greater fighters of his 'generation'. he does not hit the top 5.
        Who u got dude?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
          If I was to do a list I'd have guys like Glen Johnson, Bernard Hopkins, JMM, Andre Ward (If he wins the tournament), Margarito (duh since he beat Cotto and has wins over Martinez and beat Clottey more convincingly), all ranked over Cotto. And if Bradley was to beat Alexander and Khan he should be ranked over Cotto too. Froch is knocking on the door too regardless of what people think about him. I may be generous enough to give Cotto top ten but that's where it ends. If you guys wanna overrate Cotto go ahead. But I just don't have a high opinion of him fighting guys like Gomez, Mayorga, Branco, and Malinaggi. And his best wins are controversial. Top five. Okay guys. Whatever floats ya boat.
          noone will take your post serious sorry. Everyone knows your a cotto hater.
          get over it cotto is up there.
          lmao at margs being ranked higher than miguel

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos-El_indio View Post
            Outside of Mayweather and Pacquaio, who will go down as greater than miguel cotto in his era, shane mosley was part of the tito trinidad/odlh/hopkins/jones era
            Without a doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
              If I was to do a list I'd have guys like Glen Johnson, Bernard Hopkins, JMM, Andre Ward (If he wins the tournament), Margarito (duh since he beat Cotto and has wins over Martinez and beat Clottey more convincingly), all ranked over Cotto. And if Bradley was to beat Alexander and Khan he should be ranked over Cotto too. Froch is knocking on the door as well regardless of what people think about him. And having Cotto ranked over Floyd is ******ed regardless of Floyd ducking him. I may be generous enough to give Cotto top ten but that's where it ends. If you guys wanna overrate Cotto go ahead. But I just don't have a high opinion of him fighting guys like Gomez, Mayorga, Branco, and Malinaggi. And his best wins are controversial. Top five. Okay guys. Whatever floats ya boat.
              all those fighters arnt in the same generation

Comment

he is the boxing version of a whore getting beat by her pimp constantly

Comment

I think Collazo is better than Quintana and Zab Judah. And since Mosley beat Miguel and should've gotten the decision over Cotto in MSG, I'd have the past prime version of Mosley ranked over Cotto. IMO. B-Hop as well like I mentioned earlier. Paul Williams and Cotto share the same spot just about in my view since Williams beat Margarito and has a convincing win over Winky Wright (who has Shane Mosley's #). Regardless of whether Martinez just pushed his shit in, I'd still have P-Will slightly ranked over Cotto. I know I'll get flamed for that. But it's true that Williams has a better resume than Cotto does.
                  Last edited by Iceta Lives; 01-29-2011, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I rank Marquez, Barrera, Morales, Margarito, Mosely Pacquiao, all above Cotto!!

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                      all those fighters arnt in the same generation
                      What generation are we talking about? If fighters are active, then they are part of Cotto's generation practically. Old or young. Hatton has a better resume than Cotto does even though I think Cotto would've beaten him had they fought. I'd have Cotto and Hatton ranked about the same and I don't think Hatton is close to being top five of his generation either.

Comment

Working...
                      X