Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters that didn't reach full potential?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone said Riddick Bowe?? He became Undisputed HW Champ after he beat Evander Holyfield. He defeated Holyfield in their Trilogy 2 out of 3 matches only losing the match that involved the parachute incident. He had some wars with Golota who at that time 1996 was prime and very tough to deal with. His only one loss was to Evander Holyfield??? The only thing I would have liked to see him accomplish further was to fight both Tyson and Lewis. The only one of the 4 HW's in the 90's that fought the other three was Holyfield (Lewis D and Lost, Tyson TKO, DQ and Bowe 1-2.

Comment

Everybody after they got knocked out .

Comment

Salvador sanzhez
        RIP
        He had
        Talent, Jaw, Stamina, but best of all dedication to the sport.
        A very healthy fighter imo.

Comment

nobody spit out the wife murderer??

Comment

Edwin Valero is a good shout. I remember the fight where he got a bad cut, was it the Antonio DeMarco fight? he actually showed some very beautiful boxing at times. I think he had a lot of sides to his game he could have shown eventually. The day he died was crazy, i remember on this site it was kind of unfolding all day about the arrest, then stories of what happened the finally his death. Crazy.

Hamed got a mention, i agree and disagree. He did rule his division but come up short against Barrera, there's no real shame in that but i do agree it could have been a lot different had he not switched trainers. However i believe his hands were already shot and we wouldn't have seen much more from him either way. He had a very good career but i believe he could have beaten some good HOF fighters with full dedication.

Calzaghe sort of. He is a 2 weight world champion but he could have also beaten a lot more top fighters, his ability wasn't lacking. His win against an undefeated prime Kessler is a very good win when you consider Froch went life and death with him a few years later twice when he was already almost done. I fully believe Calzaghe had the ability to beat many top fighters and go down in history as a great but maybe not the willingness to prove it.

Pavlik was talented but i think we probably saw the best of him in the Taylor fights, the Hopkins fight ruined his career and he decided to drink it away after that but i think we had already seen what he had to offer before he decided he preferred the booze so i'd say he fulfilled his potential but i could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X