Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Don King Own A Piece Of Haye After Valuev Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Don King Own A Piece Of Haye After Valuev Fight?

David Haye said he didn't sign to fight Vitali because he doesn't want the Klitschko's running his next few fights so he signed to fight Valuev for the WBA Title! Surely if Don King is promoting Valuev he will not let Haye walk away with the belt, he'll have written something in the contract so he can have his dirty hand in Haye's pocket for Haye's next few fights! But Haye said he wanted to be in control of his own destiny and with the Valuev fight he will be but how can he be with Don King involved?

haye + don king = complete mess

Comment

That was my first reaction when the fight was annouce but if Haye can sign to fight a Don King fighter then the Klits contract would have been even worse than the Don king fighters one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
        Surely if Don King is promoting Valuev he will not let Haye walk away with the belt, he'll have written something in the contract so he can have his dirty hand in Haye's pocket for Haye's next few fights! But Haye said he wanted to be in control of his own destiny and with the Valuev fight he will be but how can he be with Don King involved?
        Depends what you mean by 'involved'. In the sense King normally is I suspect not, but I can see that some sort of alliance in promoting Haye in the future actually being in their mutual best interest. Haye is a successful promoter, particularly of himself, but he won't have the contacts that King has in the US, and (particularly) those with the sanctioning boards.

Comment

Isn't David Haye and his Hayemaker Promotions already affiliated with Golden Boy Promotions? I can't see Golden Boy happy to share Haye with Don King!

Comment

I believe Haye is with King since his fight against Mormeck.

Comment

Suppose he doesn't mind being a slave so long as his owner is black.

Comment

Nah Don King will get a piece of this fight and that's it. King and Booth don't mix.

Comment

Booth is our very own Don King in the making.

He is very slippery. Don might have meet his match here, Booth might have options on Don King.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Visitation View Post
                    Depends what you mean by 'involved'. In the sense King normally is I suspect not, but I can see that some sort of alliance in promoting Haye in the future actually being in their mutual best interest. Haye is a successful promoter, particularly of himself, but he won't have the contacts that King has in the US, and (particularly) those with the sanctioning boards.
                    yeah at first glance this looks like a bad move from haye, that is of course if we are assuming that King does have some sort of say in hayes future career. it is of course possilbe that he doesn't have any say at all.

but lets say for debates sake that King does have some option on the 'hayemaker' - would it really be all bad. haye wants/needs to break into America and few people have the contacts and showmanship of King.

King would bring a level of excitement to the HW division that we haven't seen for a long time. a deal between King and Haye would combine two of the loudest and most colourful characters in the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X