Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robberies that were not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De la Hoya vs Whitaker. I know some people say anyways Oscar won the fight but there are still quite a few guys saying Whitaker got robbed bigtime. I gave Whitaker only 3 rounds in that fight. (And this is coming from a big Whitaker fan)

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      I guess De La Hoya-Trinidad. While I thought Oscar won, I didn't think it was as by as wide a margin as he claimed.
      Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Recent history;

Trinidad-De La Hoya

Benn-Eubank 2

Tarver-Jones 1 (people seem to have cooled down now but at the time people screamed robbery)

If we're talking further back if have to think abit.

Ramirez-Arguello many considered a somewhat robbery. I thought it was close, had Ramierz edging it.
      As much as I dislike Oscar De La Hoya and that's a lot, I disagree that the Trinidad fight wasn't a robbery. I think it was, i'm not saying that it wasn't close but I thought Oscar clearly, clearly, won 7 rounds. I had him winning 8. Yes he threw away the last 3 rounds but he dominated the rest of the rounds to the point where to give Tito more than 5 rounds you'd have to give him rounds that he was literally getting dominated in. It was a robbery IMO.

As for fights that get called ones that aren't. Mayweather-Castillo 1 is a good example. Floyd clearly won the first 4, arguably 5 rounds and definitely did enough to take the decision close, but because people hate him so much they act like Castillo clearly won, when he really just gave Floyd a hard time in the second half of the fight. If he really did win then logic says that he would've done it again or done better in the rematch, but what happened? He clearly lost 8 rounds in the rematch, which suggests to me that the first fight wouldn't have been debated if Mayweather didn't go into it injured.
      Last edited by JK1700; 08-16-2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Mayweather/Castillo 1. The right guy won.
        Leanord/Hagler. The right guy won.
        These are the only two I can recall off the top of my mind at the moment.

Comment

Mayweather/Castillo 1. The right guy won.
          Leanord/Hagler. The right guy won.
          These are the only two I can recall off the top of my mind at the moment.

I agree with both of these leanord /hagler was closer than the mayweather castillo fight though but fairly clearcut anyhow

Comment

De la Hoya vs Whitaker. I know some people say anyways Oscar won the fight but there are still quite a few guys saying Whitaker got robbed bigtime. I gave Whitaker only 3 rounds in that fight. (And this is coming from a big Whitaker fan)

I also agree with this for the most part I would not call it a robbery though I had it 6-6 with the knockdown in round 9 for sweet pea and the unintentional but costing pernell a point in round 2 I saw it as a draw but I can't complain with the decision If pernell would have gone after him and won the 12th round I might have screamed robbery but its not the case I think the thing about this fight was the wide margin of victory on the cards and sweet pea would have had to knock him out to win that was evident by the wide scores and thats what most people look at when the say it was rigged

Comment

Well one could argue that the wrong guy winning, no matter how close, could be considered a robbery, which would still make De La Hoya-Trinidad and Williams-Lara robberies. Then it's just a matter of degree. I think Williams-Lara was a way worse robbery than De La Hoya-Trinidad though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Recent history;

Trinidad-De La Hoya

Benn-Eubank 2

Tarver-Jones 1
                (people seem to have cooled down now but at the time people screamed robbery)

If we're talking further back if have to think abit.

Ramirez-Arguello many considered a somewhat robbery. I thought it was close, had Ramierz edging it.
                holy sh%t 😆

you're worse than adelaide byrd LMAO 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  I had the same score for Hatton/Collazo. But I thought Williams-Lara was a disgraceful robbery.
                  you must be from manchester

Comment

It is always going to happen. Someone always will disagree with a score card.

Comment

Working...
                    X