Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Pacquiao finish his career and be considered equal to or better than Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Pacquiao finish his career and be considered equal to or better than Floyd

If he can pull of wins against some of the younger guys such as Brook, Garcia, Thurman, Crawford or Khan? Floyd has no one on his resume that can compete with Morales and Barrera IMO and all of there common opponents besides Marquez were beaten In more spectacular fashion by Pacquiao. On the flip side, Floyd did get the win over Manny and rightfully so. On that note and as of right now, Floyd should be ranked higher. But what If Pacquiao Is able to make a run and dispose of some of these highly ranked young guns particularly against some of the names mentioned above. At the end of the day do these two finish as equals? If not who deserves to be ranked higher based on what they accomplished In the ring and In there careers.

This thread Is not Intended as a bash thread targeted at either fighter. We have enough of that on a daily basis. I am just curious as to what others opinions are on where these to fighters stand when comparing there resumes and career accomplishments.

It's a good question but I expect this thread to turn into a disaster, as usual, regarding these guys. I don't think manny has a lot left in the tank, but if he somehow racked up victories over Crawford, khan, and Marquez, he'd possibly be considered as equal. I think the problem is how horrible he did in that fight with Floyd. That stench will never leave either fighter and hurt their legacy.

Comment

Not sure how beating lesser guys than he's previously beaten will improve his ranking all time so no imo

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        It's a good question but I expect this thread to turn into a disaster, as usual, regarding these guys. I don't think manny has a lot left in the tank, but if he somehow racked up victories over Crawford, khan, and Marquez, he'd possibly be considered as equal. I think the problem is how horrible he did in that fight with Floyd. That stench will never leave either fighter and hurt their legacy.
        You make an excellent point. Unfortunately they will both most likely be remembered most for that fiasco on May 2nd. Fair or not I guess thats the way It goes. I also agree with your opinion regarding Pacquiao's tank being just about empty and actually look for him to struggle upon his return.

Comment

People shouldn't start threads suggesting Floyd is above Pac, because I could do the same and then I would be considered either a troll or fanboy.

Floyd is not above Pac. Pac took risks in his career, which Floyd has yet to do. Pac overcame adversity, which Floyd has yet to do, because he never took risks. Its not too late for Floyd to take a risk and could be above Pac.

Pacs FOTD, and what is Floyd exactly? Floyd hasn't satisfied enough criteria to be ranked higher than Pac.

Comment

Of course. It depends on his competition and his performance against them.

Comment

No. Because in our perspective floyd can also beat all those young guns mentioned above including pac's best wins against morales and barrera. Pac might also be able to beat everyone in floyds resume which is more arguable than the other way around. So its still boils down to the fact that floyd beat pac. Floyd's punch stats/consistency etc. etc makes him higher overall.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                People shouldn't start threads suggesting Floyd is above Pac, because I could do the same and then I would be considered either a troll or fanboy.

Floyd is not above Pac. Pac took risks in his career, which Floyd has yet to do. Pac overcame adversity, which Floyd has yet to do, because he never took risks. Its not too late for Floyd to take a risk and could be above Pac.

Pacs FOTD, and what is Floyd exactly? Floyd hasn't satisfied enough criteria to be ranked higher than Pac.
                Believe me, you ARE considered a troll or fanboy on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Not sure how beating lesser guys than he's previously beaten will improve his ranking all time so no imo
                  Dominance at an older age still puts some worth to a legacy.

Wlad is the favorite against all these new Heavyweights but if he were to beat Joshua, Parker, Fury, Wilder, and Browne while they were all undefeated that would enhance his legacy.

The same with Pacquiao beating Brook, Porter, Thurman, Garcia, and Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Just because he was never the underdog doesnt mean he didnt take any risks. With the exception of the corrales fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X