No announcement yet.

mayweather thinks hes on Oscars level? well hes not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goblin View Post
    floyds done over a million 3 ****en times...oscar hasnt done EVEN ONCE...

unless he's fightin floyd ofcourse...

just keep hating haters...just keep hating..
    lol wow... I don't know where to start... So if I point Oscar fight with Tito and Hopkins. I guess that is me hating?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
      Well one thing we didn't have 10 years ago is viral marketing, which is absolute key in this day and age. I don't think Floyd or his promotion had really anything to do with that more than the networks just getting familiar with the times.

I agree that viral is key, but I'm talking strictly about a 24/7 back then and how it would have improved numbers beyond the 1.4 it did.

For your last statement, I think they both had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Flores View Post

"those numbers were inflated"- Floyd stan

sidenote, imagine DLH Tito with a 24/7?

Easily 2 million possibly 3 with both guys being undefeated and many prefight comparisons bringing up Leonard v Hearns
        Exactly, I asked that question to DLT in this same thread. And, he ignore that question. And, also what type of numbers wold Oscar had with trash talkers like Mayorga and Hopkins if they had a 24/7? Or what about his fight wih Vargas that was true hatred and with a 24/7 IMO would of done easily over 1.5 million and I mean easy. I think close to 2mil

Comment

Oscars image was completely manufactured by top rank. If youve seen espns sportscentury on oscar arum says all the mobs of women and all that was setup to create this matine idol image. He also said oscar didnt know how to manage money early on and blew his early purses. Arum really had to work with him on that. Oscars paid more than one woman off on rape cases and has kids that he doesnt even acknowledge. All that gets swept under the rug to remain the golden boy. his image is completely fake and made. Im not knocking him for it but if floyd is manufactured then so is dlh. Its worked great for both. Oscar was just the chosen one by tr and floyd had to create it himself because arum wouldnt market him that way

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            Felix Trinidad (9/99) 1.4 million buys = $71.4 million

Bernard Hopkins (9/04) 1 million buys = $56.0 million

ooh..i just got served:

Comment

All the supposed PPV buys, controversy, trash talk etc.

None of that matters.

Mayweather will NEVER be at Oscars level and there's one simple reason why:

Oscar consistently fought the best fighters in his weight class, Mayweather does NOT.

Oscar I believe had the respect of not only his peers but of the boxing community in general because he never shied away from taking the biggest fights against the best fighters. He could have done what Mayweather's doing now, fighting smaller guys with less risk. Yes Oscar has done it in the past with Frobes, Pac (which he lost) and Gatti. But generally he took on all comers and didn't avoid anyone.

Mayweather has been the totally opposite. He's more famous for his house and cars which quite frankly don't impress me.

I'm more interested in his work in the ring and who he fights than his cars, houses and boats.

Just because you say you're something...doesn't necessarily make it so.
              Last edited by Kenny Blankenship; 10-07-2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X