Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler-Froch possible for April and Nottingham.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler-Froch possible for April and Nottingham.

According to danish TV2, Kalle Sauerland says that the rematch between Mikkel Kessler and Carl Froch could be fought in late April. "The time and venue is not yet final, but we will announce it in a few days", Sauerland says.

The venue is still unresolved despite negotiations all last night.

"The Froch camp wants the fight in Nottingham, but we'd prefer London or Manchester."

One thing is for sure though: The fight will be in England.

"Mikkel has to go to the lions den, but he has done so before and we expect many danish fans to take the trip over the North Sea to support their countryman. But in the end it's still just the 2 guys in the ring.

Mikkel has the experience, the speed and the punch. Froch has impressed lately, but we've beaten him before and we'll beat him again", the german promotor concludes.

Kessler beats him again but this time more convincingly.

Overrated Foch is slow and can't handle movement and speed.

Deliberate play on words on above.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
      Kessler and Sauerland would be foolish to agree to fight in Nottingham.
      I don't think it will be Nottingham. London is the place mentioned most.

Anyway how many fighters beats a guy and give him a return in his own homecountry? Not many. Massive cudos to Kessler for making this happen even though Froch clearly has more to gain.

Comment

I don't think Froch minds if it's in London or Nottingham.

Obviously he'd prefer Nottingham but if Kessler's camp want it in London, it will most likely happen in London.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I don't think Froch minds if it's in London or Nottingham.

Obviously he'd prefer Nottingham but if Kessler's camp want it in London, it will most likely happen in London.
          I reckon it would be a lot easier for danish fans to attend a London fight. The danes might number 5,000 if it's in London.

Comment

Credit to Kessler for coming through, it's going to be a huge bout.

"Warriors Collide" is a fitting headline on Sky.

Comment

cant fault kessler for coming over here. dont blame him for not wanting nottingham, froch could lose 120-108 there and still get given a 114-113 win!

should be a good fight tho!

Comment

Really hope it is at the o2 Arena. Manchester is a looooong way from home for myself.

Cracking fight though, buzzing for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I don't think it will be Nottingham. London is the place mentioned most.

Anyway how many fighters beats a guy and give him a return in his own homecountry? Not many. Massive cudos to Kessler for making this happen even though Froch clearly has more to gain.
                  Eddie Hearn said earlier that it'll either be in London or Manchester.

Comment

I'm hearing May 25th @ O2 Arena

Comment

Working...
                    X