Collapse
No announcement yet.

Borderlands 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I beat the main storyline of the Pirate's Booty DLC already. Now I just have to finish up all of the side missions.

Honestly, I was surprised at how much content was packed into this DLC. I just figured there'd be the storyline stuff and maybe 5-10 side missions, but you end up getting all the storyline stuff, like 20 side missions, a new vehicle, new raid bosses, some hilarious characters (Shade, Herbert, and the censorship bot), and a bunch of new weapons, plus all new badass challenges.

Pretty gnarly.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      So I beat the main storyline of the Pirate's Booty DLC already. Now I just have to finish up all of the side missions.

Honestly, I was surprised at how much content was packed into this DLC. I just figured there'd be the storyline stuff and maybe 5-10 side missions, but you end up getting all the storyline stuff, like 20 side missions, a new vehicle, new raid bosses, some hilarious characters (Shade, Herbert, and the censorship bot), and a bunch of new weapons, plus all new badass challenges.

Pretty gnarly.
      It's great value. I mean the basic game is incredible but when you look at what you get in the DLC and compare it to the DLC in, say, Call of Duty... "Oh yay four new multiplayer maps".

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        It's great value. I mean the basic game is incredible but when you look at what you get in the DLC and compare it to the DLC in, say, Call of Duty... "Oh yay four new multiplayer maps".
        Exacty.

That's pretty much what I was expecting, really - Just a small story mission with some new characters. But even that is staggering in comparison to the DLC you typically get for other games - Map packs, player skins, and the like.

The best part about it is that I still have the Mr. Torgue and Sir Hammerlock DLCs to get, as well.

Comment

Exacty.

That's pretty much what I was expecting, really - Just a small story mission with some new characters. But even that is staggering in comparison to the DLC you typically get for other games - Map packs, player skins, and the like.

The best part about it is that I still have the Mr. Torgue and Sir Hammerlock DLCs to get, as well.
          and one more after that!

Comment

I've also read several articles where Gearbox employees have stated that 2K games wants to continue support for the game even after the 4th DLC is released, either in the form of even more DLC packs and character packs, or in the form of a 'massive expansion'.

You can read a bit about it here.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...re-dlc-planned

You may want to get yourself a 'Kleenex' or two beforehand, though.

Comment

I've also read several articles where Gearbox employees have stated that 2K games wants to continue support for the game even after the 4th DLC is released, either in the form of even more DLC packs and character packs, or in the form of a 'massive expansion'.

You can read a bit about it here.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...re-dlc-planned

You may want to get yourself a 'Kleenex' or two beforehand, though.
              Aaaaaand I'm spent!

I'll be on for a bit of borderlands this week.

Right now I'm replaying Dishonored (sic) and trying to do each level without being detected.

Comment

I finally had success in farming a level 50 bee shield last night. Though I was rather disappointed with how weak it was in combination with the conference call against Terramorphous. Against standard level 52 enemies it just annihilates everything so long as you keep your shield up, especially in combination with a legendary SMG such as the b*tch.

Does anybody know of any weapon/class mod, skill tree/relic combos that make it easy to finish Terramorphous relatively quickly? I've farmed him at least 40 times already, but I still need the teeth, hide, and blood of Terramorphous, and it's getting awful time consuming doing this post nerf'ing.

Also, what are your highest stats on the bee shield since the nerf? Mine's capacity is at 28K and the amp damage is at 38K, so if the stats can go higher than that I'd be willing to do some more bee farming.

Comment

I bought borderlands 1, in light of this thread, it was like 15 bucks, havent played it yet....

What is it? Like a more cartoony, bloody version of call of duty or?

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    I bought borderlands 1, in light of this thread, it was like 15 bucks, havent played it yet....

What is it? Like a more cartoony, bloody version of call of duty or?
                    It's a FPS with RPG elements where you do missions in a free roaming world. Big emphasis on humor and looting new weapons and equipment. Much better than CoD IMO. I'm not sure how else to describe it without writing multiple paragraphs. Very unique game.

Comment

• Three words accurately describe the Borderlands series without need of going further in depth : Shoot and loot.

Comment

Working...
                      X