Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bear Grylls says if you're dehydrated by 2% performance is decreased by 20%. True?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear Grylls says if you're dehydrated by 2% performance is decreased by 20%. True?

Is this true in boxing?

Comment

I don't see why we shouldn't trust the opinion of a SURVIVAL EXPERT......

Comment

Well, that seems right.

Comment

I mean you could never verify or dispute this argument based on how it's worded, how can you ever gauge if someone's performance dips by 20%? what is a 100% performance for that competitor? that being said i would most certainly agree that being dehydrated would be a huge problem for a boxer, but so would being over hydrated, it's on the boxer and his corner to walk the fine line

Comment

Originally posted by dolfan2909 View Post
            I mean you could never verify or dispute this argument based on how it's worded, how can you ever gauge if someone's performance dips by 20%? what is a 100% performance for that competitor? that being said i would most certainly agree that being dehydrated would be a huge problem for a boxer, but so would being over hydrated, it's on the boxer and his corner to walk the fine line
            Of course you could record it. They have tests for such things. One that comes to mind is that tread mill test.

Comment

False. Last year in a desert in Nevada by myself. I was attacked by a group of 10 masked men and I was completely dehydrated I hadn't drinked any water for like 7 hours because I was lost and I beat like 3 of them down with ease while I found a way to escape. I had all that energy being dehydrated for that long so I believe adrenaline > dehydration.

It might be a factor but it can be overcome with will and desire.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                at least one boxer was listening:

Comment

They should ask Joshua Clottey, he's a true boxing survival expert. Maybe he drinks his own pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                    False. Last year in a desert in Nevada by myself. I was attacked by a group of 10 masked men and I was completely dehydrated I hadn't drinked any water for like 7 hours because I was lost and I beat like 3 of them down with ease while I found a way to escape. I had all that energy being dehydrated for that long so I believe adrenaline > dehydration.

It might be a factor but it can be overcome with will and desire.
                    ahh but bombs, you forget, you are no mere mortal! the rest of us mortals do not possess such abilities.

Comment

Working...
                    X