Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adrien Broner Still on Track to Be One of Boxing's Brightest Stars?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Adrien Broner Still on Track to Be One of Boxing's Brightest Stars?

Discuss.
    Yes
    30.77%
    No
    69.23%

Not really.

Comment

He's at 140...Matthysse is at 140 too, Maidana is at 147....there is no where for him to run.

Comment

he's never gonna be a star. the guy is facing a bloated up featherweight for his next fight. that should tell you everything about broner's so called "skill"

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Of course look at the amount of haters he generated, look at how many posts his threads generate. He'll get another belt and go on a run again. He's only lost 1 fight 3 time World Champion 27wins 22kos all at the age of 24. Pac has 5 losses and AB has a higher ko%. Its not like he's been Pac'd out. lol

Comment

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say yes. It all depends on how serious he bounces back.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              He's at 140...Matthysse is at 140 too, Maidana is at 147....there is no where for him to run.
              He'll beat Matthysse, if Matthysse cant ko you, he'll lose, he relies on ko's he cant box, he's just a slugger.

Comment

he just got owned by maidana who fights very similarly to mattysse. you think broner could handle lucas's power? hell no. Broner isn't what they tried to sell him as. Hes an action fighter and I like watching him fight, but he isn't a floyd like virtuoso by any means. He's beatable any night he fights an elite opponent. Maidana is a beatable fighter, and the only way broner could have looked any worse was if he got knocked cold.

Comment

No.

He'll be another one of those titlists/champs who is good but not great, and not a star.

Boxing is filled with that, no shame in it. I look forward to watching him lose some hard, he's a fun guy to root against.

Comment

I can't think of any of the top fighters that Broner could possibly beat and look good against at or around his weight class.
                    As far as securing another belt ,it may take him at least 3 years and he would need some of the top guys to retire.

Comment

Working...
                    X