No announcement yet.

FAO: Atheist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
    If they ain't got the latest Dan Brown, I'm not saying a word.
    I am surprised you didn't say JK Rowling.

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    That's interesting, having never been to court I don't actually know what they do. I know that people of other religions can swear an oath on their holy book of choice but for atheists, I have no clue. The God Delusion?
    So if you are to testify bro, will you just affirm before the bible or what?

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
    Bibles aren't used in courts anymore. Not in California at least... I don't know what it's like in other states.
    Calif doesn't represents the majority of the nations.

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
    i had to go court once to lie for some guy who promised me some stuff if i vouched for his side of the story (long story). Im a muslim and before you go in the court guy asks you if you want to read an oath thing from the Quran (holy book) or some other funny oath sh.it like "i solemnly swear blah blah" i would have felt guilty as **** if i read from the quran and lied, so i chose that bull **** oath thingy instead but they insisted and asked why, and said i didnt feel comfortrable reading the quran one unless they let me go and wash my body (which was a lie cuz u dont have to) and he was like "are you sure?" and im like "are you questioning my knowledge of my religion?" haha, so i took that oath sh.it instead and laughed all the way through in my head. Thats some funny **** lookin back.

Anyway, to answer your question an atheist would probably take the oath thingy.
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T
    ------

And **** Georges for 1-starring this thread. This aint about Jews.

Comment

im in england, also i dont think i had to raise my hand either, just read it out of a peicve of laminated paper.

Comment

It's called an affidavit. I don't know why it would be laminated seeing as you have to sign it.

Comment

Originally posted by Led® View Post

Calif doesn't represents the majority of the nations.
          Yeah but swearing on a religious book seems like such an outdated practice. I would be surprised if most developed countries still did that. Even the ones that do probably give you an option to take a secular oath like the one vcvc was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Led® View Post
            So if you are to testify bro, will you just affirm before the bible or what?
            Bible means nothing to me.

Comment

Hmm i dont know

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Bible means nothing to me.
                You mean you will just do the customary act. I think I'd do it too if I am an atheist.

Originally posted by Sweet Tooth
                i ask to swear on a superman comic book.

the stories are more plausible.
                I have yet to see a guy with down syndrome testify in court.

Comment

i was in court last week here in jersey and they let me swear on the sesame street book.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                    It's called an affidavit. I don't know why it would be laminated seeing as you have to sign it.

nope, never signed a damn thing,

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Tooth
                      it's like the ****** on the bus thing.

if you don't see him , you're probably him.
                      is sound produced if no one is there to hear it?

dun dun dun dun dun dun

Comment

Working...
                      X