No announcement yet.

Best chin ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best chin ever?

Amongst his opponents, were Azumah Nelson, Wilfredo Gomez, Barry McGuigan,Julio cesar Chavez
    Salvador sanchez, Kostya Tszyu, Rocky Lockridge, Billy Costello, John John Molina, Eusebio Pedroza and many other greats. I never saw him go down ever, and some of those bouts went 15rd. Some of you will know that it is Juan Laporte that I speak of. Marvin Hagler also had a beast of a chin.
    Last edited by chaconfan; 02-09-2014, 10:01 AM.

Oliver McCall.

Comment

Carl froch

Comment

I was referring to sane people pal, ha ha

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
        Oliver McCall.
        McCall is right up there with the very best chins, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by chaconfan View Post
          McCall is right up there with the very best chins, no doubt.
          Funny you should mention sanity though man, could be an interesting debate on how much a mental state can actually impact on the fighter's ability to take a shot - perhaps when you just don't care about being hit like McCall seemed to be, perhaps your ability to take any shot greatly increases.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
            Funny you should mention sanity though man, could be an interesting debate on how much a mental state can actually impact on the fighter's ability to take a shot - perhaps when you just don't care about being hit like McCall seemed to be, perhaps your ability to take any shot greatly increases.
            He quit vs lewis... I don't see your point

Comment

Hagler...took Hamsho, Leonard, Mugabe, Hearns bombs to the face...that was if you could hit him, probably had the one of the best head movement and conditioning in boxing too.

Comment

Not any more

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Carl froch
                Groves is known as a non puncher and still put Froch down in the first. Laporte was never down to my knowledge, and fought legends way past his best years

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  He quit vs lewis... I don't see your point
                  What has quitting got to do with his chin? He's never been put down and v Lewis he was just walking into shots not even caring, basically urging Lewis to punch him as hard as he could to end the fight as he no longer wanted to fight. That's a heart issue if anything, nothing to do with chin.

Comment

Originally posted by manimgoindown View Post
                    Hagler...took Hamsho, Leonard, Mugabe, Hearns bombs to the face...that was if you could hit him, probably had the one of the best head movement and conditioning in boxing too.
                    I agree Hagler had an awesome chin but the list of opponents you mention are thus, Leonard was a blown up and multi retired ex welterweight, PLUS they fought with non punchers thumbless gloves. Hearns was also a blown up welter,(although a killer puncher) Mugabi was a jnr middle and Hamsho couldnt even stop a washed up ex jnr welter in Benitez. He didnt ko a notable opponent to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                    X