Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must Be Because All The Best Prospects Are in the NFL and NBA!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nomadman View Post
    Are you even aware of what you're arguing about?
    Yeah. Are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
      "yeah, kobe bryant and micahel vick would've been hw world champions if they took boxing" ....

pretty ****ing stupid aint it?....so stop the BULL**** and give props to the klitscho bros......

US sucks at hw because , right now we do...no one is that good...it happens!
      I think that's what's getting lost in translation here.

No one is saying that the Klits aren't handling their business at HW.

They're beating the crap out of everyone available on their plate.

The issue many of us take with it is, that their dominance at this point in time
      is over THE BEST America has to offer.

You fans of theirs rail on like you're beating the Tyson's and Holyfield's of the division, when our guys at the top now are a reflection of our two dominant sports' rejects physically and athletically, as mean as that is to say about much of our HWs.
      Last edited by Haglerwins; 01-26-2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
        Ok, first.. some of you clearly think that was hyperbole.. but it was a general statement not blanketed onto each and every player.

Yall watch track right?

Seen track relay teams before?

Think of the kind of body a track meeter usually has.

Now, I'm not making this up.. the NFL produces the kind of monsters the size of Ali and the girth of HW Toney that ran ANCHOR LEG on their college relay teams. That means you're the fastest one. Think a 6'4+ and well north of 250lb man moving that fast.

On its face... if you stuck a man like that in ring after a few years of boxing training, his opponents are going to have issues. In my last post where I mentioned it, you would have to pray there was something wrong with the guy standing across from you with athleticism like that. He better be chinless, powerless, or something, because I'd put money on him to whoop whatever long studied HW contender of the current crop in the opposing corner.
        Sorry but those goes of guys couldn't even punch the air for 36 minutes let alone fight. Too much muscle is bad for boxing.

The endurance of boxing isn't even comparable. NFL guys may run fast, and so can 100 metre sprinters, but they won't run a Marathon fast.

Boxing actually has subtleties like timing, ring genralship, feints etc... There are a lot of things that build a boxer up.

Ps. The NBA and NFL have far too many breaks, ern if in boxing we have 1 minute every round. Apparently in the NFL actual game play is 12 mins.

I will tell you now, I believe team players will not be that successful in a boxing ring. They rely on others. Sometimes they have poor performances.

In boxing, poor performces means you probably lose.

Heck training with a team is very fun.

Raining at 5 am isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
          I think that's what's getting lost in translation here.

No one is saying that the Klits aren't handling their business at HW.

They're beating the crap out of everyone available on their plate.

The issue many of us take with it is, that their dominance at this point in time
          is over THE BEST America has to offer.

You fans of theirs rail on like you're beating the Tyson's and Holyfield's of the division, when our guys at the top now are a reflection of our two dominant sports' rejects physically and athletically, as mean as that it to say about much of our HWs.
          bro...what i hate about all of his is the excuse" we dont have no hw becuase every good athletes are all going to nfl /nba....it's bull****...why cant people just be honest and say " there are no good hw's right now that can **** with the klits....becuase there aint any and not becuase they all took a diffrent sport..**** is so ****ing stupidly annoying and holds no water whatsoever

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
            bro...what i hate about all of his is the excuse" we dont have no hw becuase every good athletes are all going to nfl /nba....
            It's not an excuse, it's the truth.

Football and basketball dominate the landscape at the moment, and our best athletes get funneled into those sports.

This is not like in the golden age when baseball and boxing were the top dogs in America. And everyone wanted to be Babe Ruth or Joe Louis.
            Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 01-26-2012, 11:28 PM.

Comment

In other words, la la la, I can't hear you?

did you read any of what i wrote?

this isnt a nationalistic argument

the argument is that every great athlete in america that is large is heading to these sports

period
              that is the argument

you have chris arreola
              eddie chambers
              tony thompson

you have these guys heading to boxing. these guys are not talented.

in the major sports you have athletes with talent

what the hell dont you guys get?
              seriously
              ask me some meaningful questions and i'll try and answer them

you dont make any sound points to refute our (very simple) claim

the american men who box at HW are not the talented ones
              the talented ones are in the NFL and the NBA

and they are freakishly talented. they are almost exclusively HW.

i'm not saying they are garanteed to dominate boxing

but i'll ask you
              which ones do you want boxing on your olympic team?

if you are a trainer, which ones do you want coming to your gym when they are 12 years old?

the current crop with zero talent?
              or the gifted athletes?

i'm done with these threads
              done
              you guys are a lost cause if you dont see the logic

Comment

So by my estimation, they'd have one or two good rounds before gassing.

Give me endurance any day.

give you fat ****ing chambers?
                arreola
                thompson?

that's what you want?

you dont know **** about the athletes in the NFL or the NBA
                or either sport

that's abundantly clear now

Comment

• Don't know about anyone else but I find the concept of Heavyweights playing tennis kind of amusing .
                  Last edited by NChristo; 01-26-2012, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Ever heard of Rugby, mostly 210-275lbs 6ft-6"10ft, played in schools, watched by millions.

So if it wasn't for football (soccer) Europeans would dominate everything from lightweight-cruiser?

Thats the argument you are making.

Rugby, Football, Cricket, Track & Field, Hockey, Tennis all played and taught in schools. Not boxing.

it's not a talent pool anywhere near the level of the NFL or the NBA

not even close.

but id probably take them over fat and slow thompson

fat chambers

chubby arreola, etc

sure

you can make that argument.

this isnt an "america good, everybody else bad," argument

this is a "huge talented guys are playing in the NFL and NBA, and fat/unmotivated and untalented guys are boxing at HW" argument.

Comment

• Seriously look at the athletes that are American heavyweights, are those top class athletes. None of them are~

You can't turn a rusty piece of scrap metal into a diamond, it might make some kind of useful tool but it will never be something of real value. The end result is directly associated with the starting product.

Now would every football player or basketball player a sure thing to make a good boxer, hell no because boxing is a tough sport and the washout rate is insane even amongst the best of prospects, but if better athletes were involved the end results would stand a much better chance of being world class than the garbage out there currently representing the best American heavyweights.

Comment

Working...
                      X