Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "Only way Pac-Mayweather happens is without additional testing"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO will have to pick a side . . . but this fight WILL happen!!

Originally posted by Young Herschel View Post
    break some backs to make this fight. It will gage the pubilc interest worldwide and then it will measure the world's pulse for random Olympic -style blood testing regarding this bout. If public opinion sways decisively in either direction then that will influence HBO"s stance on this bout. In today's steriod-saturated sports world, one would have to be criminally negligent to ignore the legions of sports enthusiasts, not merely hardcore boxing fans who have issues with all the PED abusing athletes all across the board.

If having BOTH fighters consent to random Olympic-caliber drug testing will give the HBO board of directors piece of mind then rest assured the legitimacy of this product called PPV boxing that they are selling to the buying publlic willl be upheld. Perhaps some common ground can be meet, but I feel completely confident that the if Team Mayweather digs thier heels in about having BOTH participants undergo random Olympic calliber drug testing that, in today's sports climate, the HBO big shots will side with Team Mayweather and against Team Pacquaio on this issue. If only to pre-empt the slightest shadow of a doubt as to the quality and sportsmanship of this multi-million dollar event.

Maybe someone will propose that both participants go directly from the live ESPN televised weigh-in to a blood testing room there on the site; both of them just as soon as they finish answering a few questions from the press once the final face-to-face showdown pictures have been taken. No, this wouldn't be random but it would, along with a subsequent blood test for both participants directly after the fight had concluded, appease the majority of objective sports skeptics as to whether HBO were complicit in promoting an unethical boxing farce on its buying public. I think it would give the HBO board of directors every confidence that they were doing all that they could REASONABLY be expected to do to; ensuring the quality and legitimacy of the sports product which they wish to profit from in an age where rampant PED abuse and denials have scarred and jaded the buying sports public.
    With all the barbershop talk which has been building since December about this matchup I am confident that HBO will get it done if Mayweather can beat Mosely. They will probably face the drug testing issue head-on in some manner; perhaps the HBO executives will make a policy decision based primarily on product quality. If both fighters consent to reasonable random PED testing, then HBO can promote this fight with the highest degree of confidence to the sports public; a seal of approval if you will in today's steriod scandal riddled sports market.

It could come down to simple economics, the most marketable product is the one with the highest safeguards of authenticity; purity standards have been used in the past to re-assure a cynical buying public in other medium during American history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy O'Bannon View Post
      I never wanted to see this fight anyway so I hope nothing changes.

The best thing for boxing is for Mayweather to be outcast, boycotted and removed from the sport.
      are you serious? the best thing for boxing is to outcast and boycott a fighter because hes in a media battle with your favorite fighter. most boxing fans would want to see it get settled in the ring not with that foolishness.

Comment

• Originally posted by brian m View Post
        are you serious? the best thing for boxing is to outcast and boycott a fighter because hes in a media battle with your favorite fighter. most boxing fans would want to see it get settled in the ring not with that foolishness.
        that's how a boxing fan thinks. some guys here are only fans of certain fighters, unfortunately...
        Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 03-17-2010, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Work Jr. View Post

I got tears in my eyes....this **** is so funny!!

Comment

• How can you force a fighter who in his mind is afraid to lose his 0 on his record. Bob arum can't force him, so bob got the right decision he don't have to wait for floyd he have to move on and find pac another opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Maybe...just maybe...

I know this will sound crazy...

Pac actually is dirty?
              He may be dirty. I don't know.

I don't think Pacquiao uses steroids but the more and more rediculousness that comes from his Camp/management. Makes him look like he could very well be dirty.

Comment

• "but he's got to come to the table looking to make a regular boxing contract."

You mean like catch weights?

It's okay for your fighter to insist that his opponents are drained, but if an opponent wants to make sure that your fighter is clean, that's not okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post

I heard Floyd even said lets look more into this. He was very interested in what the final payout could be in Dallas vs Vegas

it was GBP that balked
                  But, but, PBF says it all the time. That he is his own boss, what's up with that ?

Comment

Working...
                  X