Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Atheists HATE the baby Jesus? He's just a baby!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
    Squeally, religious or not, NOTHING happens for no reason at all.
    in my opinion the start of the universe would be the only thing to have ever happened for no reason. a set of free choices and one of those choices were picked for no reason what so ever the first and only time where completely free thought occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Haha Bill O'Reilly you clown's vagina!
      Hey Squealpiggy, how do Atheists actually celebrate the Holiday season?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
        How? same way any one else might celebrate anything food family and sharring?

how do Christians celebrate non religious holidays like thanks giving?
        Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 12-18-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
          Mid winter celebrations around the winter solace at the end of December were taking places a long time before Christianity was invented.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Anomaly View Post
            Mid winter celebrations around the winter solace at the end of December were taking places a long time before Christianity was invented.
            these winter celebrations were done by pagans or other people celebrating some form of a god. though they wernt Christians they wernt atheists either.

why they celebrate can be for many reasons the main one being simply out of family tradition. I really dont think that an atheists celebrating Christmas has anything to do with the mid winter celebrations that were happening thousands of years ago. though for Christians to claim Christmas as their own the fact that mid winter celebrations had occurred for century's before the supposed birth of Christ does put a damper things allowing for just about any reason under the sun being a good enough reason to celebrate Christmas.
            Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 12-18-2009, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem View Post
              these winter celebrations were done by pagans or other people celebrating some form of a god. though they wernt Christians they wernt atheists either.

why they celebrate can be for many reasons the main one being simply out of family tradition. I really dont think that an atheists celebrating Christmas has anything to do with the mid winter celebrations that were happening thousands of years ago. though for Christians to claim Christmas as their own the fact that mid winter celebrations had occurred for century's before the supposed birth of Christ does put a damper things allowing for just about any reason under the sun being a good enough reason to celebrate Christmas.
              Yet also the dates are astrologically important to many people. Not necessarily attached to a belief in some form of Gods.

And...'The winter solstice may have been immensely important because communities were not certain of living through the winter, and had to be prepared during the previous nine months. Starvation was common in winter between January and April, also known as the famine months. In temperate climates, the midwinter festival was the last feast celebration, before deep winter began. Most cattle were slaughtered so they would not have to be fed during the winter, so it was almost the only time of year when a supply of fresh meat was available. The majority of wine and beer made during the year was finally fermented and ready for drinking at this time.' Wiki

I would say atheists celebrating christmas relates to celebrations always being held at that time of year by different cultures throughout the ages. Christianity probably is to thank for keeping it alive, but now it is now about family, gifts and indulgence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Anomaly View Post
                Yet also the dates are astrologically important to many people. Not necessarily attached to a belief in some form of Gods.

And...'The winter solstice may have been immensely important because communities were not certain of living through the winter, and had to be prepared during the previous nine months. Starvation was common in winter between January and April, also known as the famine months. In temperate climates, the midwinter festival was the last feast celebration, before deep winter began. Most cattle were slaughtered so they would not have to be fed during the winter, so it was almost the only time of year when a supply of fresh meat was available. The majority of wine and beer made during the year was finally fermented and ready for drinking at this time.' Wiki

I would say atheists celebrating christmas relates to celebrations always being held at that time of year by different cultures throughout the ages. Christianity probably is to thank for keeping it alive, but now it is now about family, gifts and indulgence.
                hmmm i was thinking that the cold winter might have something to do with it my own thought was that it was a time to see everyone before the hard winter hits. but then i dismissed it with thoughts of mild winter in the main areas around where Christianity was created. though i dont really know how the winters of the Mediterranean are though harsh winters definitely hold true for for people in the north.

Comment

Replace humanity with robots.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryten View Post
                    Replace humanity with robots.
                    Smeghead..........

Comment

Piglet, whats your formal educational background in?
                      Biology.

Squeally, religious or not, NOTHING happens for no reason at all.
                      Yes it does. This is the finding of advanced moder physics. Your grade 12 science education oversimplifies things so that you can understand it.

The same way that almost everyone in the secular west does: Eating lots of food, drinking alcohol, spending time with the family, singing christmassy songs, putting up (biblically prohibited) christmas trees, exchanging gifts, leaving scotch and mince pies for santa and a carrot for Rudolph...

I do miss out on a dreary midnight mass but you can't win em all.

Comment

Working...
                      X