Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinidad v Vargas: Rewatched

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's easy to day that it was too soon for Vargas in hindsight, but it was one of the best and most natural matchups to make at the time. Vargas just developed a lot quicker than most prospects do.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Duva View Post
      It's easy to day that it was too soon for Vargas in hindsight, but it was one of the best and most natural matchups to make at the time. Vargas just developed a lot quicker than most prospects do.
      Well said. Vargas had defeated Campas, Marquez, Quartey and Wright. How much more ready did he have to be?

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
        I don't get why people say Tito was hurt so he hit Vargas with low blows.

Tito was never hurt!!! It was one of the many flash knockdowns he experienced throughout his career. The only guy that ever hurt him was Hopkins when he knocked him down and was out on his feet when his father stopped the fight. He had no reason to hit Vargas with low blows on purpose.

...and yeah, it was a great fight.

i strongly disagree, vargas was back in the fight and tito started with the lowblows that imo changed the fight.

Comment

Great fight!

Vargas was always entertaining. His fight with DLH was a classic too.

Comment

El Feroz! One of my favorite fighters growing up, I used to do the duckface thing he did in every photo lol. Good old days. Vargas brought it every time, he was thrown to the lions early and held his own but that was the downfall of his career though.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Vargas was 23 not 20, still very young though.
              That right. Well technically he did not turn 23 until 12/7 the fight was 12/2. He had 20 fights. smiles.

Comment

Working...
              X