• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
    This **** again huh.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Poverty creates less opportunity for education, lack of education breeds ignorance and dependence. Ignorance and dependence destroys the desire to explore and understand.
      Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
      An impeccable source...

The reality is, the difference in IQ is minimal.

Such a cool story. I'm mirin dat dere famed intelligence.

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
      I'm going to bed, won't be responding to anything tonight. Will just leave this here in the meantime;

http://www.pewforum.org/2009/11/05/s...s-and-bel:ief/
      Originally posted by Glen Smith View Post
      People associate religion with the "religeous people" they know or see in their everyday lives. Maybe they have a family member who goes to church, maybe they had to go when they were kids and remember some of those people, or maybe they drive by a church on Sunday and see the people going inside.
      Well what if those churches they are going to aren't really religious? What if what they are doing there isn't real Christianity? But a pseudo Christianity?

I've checked out a couple and they quoted scripture about planting a seed to get a tenfold harvest and went into a ponzi scheme like sales pitch about how Gods going to love me if I donate more cash to their church...that's nonsense. What we seem to have now is a rewritten Christianity from whoever has edited the bible without the exercises to go along with it, and the church leaders are more concerned with extracting money from the congregation and influencing them politically and socially.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say whatever christianity was, it was at its spiritual peak during the time of Jesus and has been getting distorted and deteriorating ever since into what we see nowadays. The closest thing we will find to original Christianity would be the orthodox church and that looks so different than the Christianity in north America that it doesn't even seem like the same religion at all.
      Originally posted by sapak View Post
      The smarter dude is the guy who invented religion but the smartest are the guys who super enriched themselves through the religion invented by the smarter dude.
      how do they define "religious"? as dogmatic fundamentalism? if you study sociology there is definitely a link between intelligence and conformity or non conformity. it still however sounds stupid to me to condemn someone just because of their beliefs

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
        how do they define "religious"? as dogmatic fundamentalism? if you study sociology there is definitely a link between intelligence and conformity or non conformity. it still however sounds stupid to me to condemn someone just because of their beliefs
        There is no condemnation happening. That is not what the study states whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          There is no condemnation happening. That is not what the study states whatsoever.
          trouble is, this kind of study does seem to be used by some anti-religious atheists as a stone to throw at the religious.
          Nothing wrong with the study itself, but there are many factors involved which are over looked, or blatantly ignored by the public, and it is seen as 'religion = dumb people'.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            trouble is, this kind of study does seem to be used by some anti-religious atheists as a stone to throw at the religious.
            Nothing wrong with the study itself, but there are many factors involved which are over looked, or blatantly ignored by the public, and it is seen as 'religion = dumb people'.
            I, as well as many others, don't believe that if you're religious, you're automatically "dumb", but rather, those that are dumb are easily religious.

Comment

Working...
            X