No announcement yet.

Mayweather earned it the hard way now he calls the shots dont like dont watch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    I have called out Manny on the fights that were questionable. So yes, I can be objective.

Manny vs Bradley is much better than Floyd vs Maidana as far as competition goes.
    For sure. Bradley would be a very good win for Manny, while Maidana is a legit/solid win for Floyd. Bradley II is the 2nd good fight Manny has taken since Clottey....the other being Bradley I.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      What the hell are you talking about? Are you counting former titlists?

Guererro wasn't a world champion. JMM wasn't a champion at 147 or even 140. Sharmba Mitchell wasn't a champion. Henry Bruseles wasn't a champion.
      Can you read...I said current, or former at the time he fought them. all these guys were lineal champions or won major world titles, no wbo included

Gatti, Mitchell, Judah, baldomir, odlh, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, cotto, Guerrero, and canelo

12 in a row

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Mentioning Pacquiao is like asking Pacquiao to fight legit WW's who fight on Showtime.....it ain't never going to happen. I would always say Khan is a horrible fight until Khan does at least something at 147.

Who's out there beyond Maidana right now??? I wanted Danny Garcia, the king at 140, but I don't think Danny himself was all that interested in the fight. Bradley would have been a big fight, and I like Pac-Bradley II, though the rematches are getting torturous at this point from Top Rank....but once again Bradley is an HBO/Top Rank fighter. It's like asking him to fight Showtime fighters, ain't never happening as long as that stupid beef is going on. Not to mention, though Shcaefer seems unwilling to the end the beef as much as Arum is.....it was HBO who escalated this cold war because they got butt hurt over Floyd leaving for Showtime.

Lara would be a good fight, but I think the fight fans are calling for right now is Canelo vs Lara, not Floyd vs Lara. Especially after the way Canelo did Angulo, who dropped Lara twice and fought basically an even or close to it fight. And after the way Lara dominated Trout, while Canelo struggled and won a close decision against him. That's quickly becoming THE FIGHT to make at 154.

You talk about being impartial, yet you have never praised Mayweather on here, when the guy has a long list of good wins on his resume. I even consider Manny a few spots higher then Floyd all time as of now, though it's closer then ever as Manny's career has stalled since Cotto and Clottey.
        I'm harsh on Floyd because I see him taking advantage of the hype of a fighters he picks .... now he can do whatever he wishes but then not Floyd nor his fans should come back and say that his resume stacks up amongst the best.

The formula is there. It's so easy to see yet Floyd fans either don't see it or ignore it.

Floyd fans bring up promoter wars and stuff but lets face it. Floyd also had his opportunities where there were no wars in the way. Furthermore, Floyd could have done what Cotto did. Fight both TR and non-TR fighters. Do you see Arum throwing Cotto under the bus? Cotto left TR then came back and all is OK. Sergio Martinez destroyed TR fighters yet TR is still OK with this fight with Cotto. So again, don't blame Arum.

Arum waited on Floyd to come get that ONE fight with Margarito. Floyd didn't want it NOT Arum.

The common denominator is Floyd!
        Last edited by ADP02; 03-11-2014, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Preach!

Fact is if the net was around back then, people would be whining about the popular fighters too, no matter how great they were

Comment

I'm harsh on Floyd because I see him taking advantage of the hype of a fighters he picks .... now he can do whatever he wishes but then not Floyd nor his fans should come back and say that his resume stacks up amongst the best.

The formula is there. It's so easy to see yet Floyd fans either don't see it or ignore it.

Floyd fans bring up promoter wars and stuff but lets face it. Floyd also had his opportunities where there were no wars in the way. Furthermore, Floyd could have done what Cotto did. Fight both TR and non-TR fighters. Do you see Arum throwing Cotto under the bus? Cotto left TR then came back and all is OK.

Arum waited on Floyd to come get that ONE fight with Margarito. Floyd didn't want it NOT Arum.

The common denominator is Floyd!
            Margarito is the only fight that didn't end up happening where sole blame is on Floyd, and that wouldn't have been much of a career changer, would have been a good win back in 2006.

LOL at comparing the way Cotto went independent and left Top Rank to the split that Arum and Floyd had. They'd hated each other for years and Floyd had to buy his way free, and Arum vowed never to work with him again. Two totally different situations. Floyd has the best resume in total wins and everything other then Manny in this era (yes that includes Hopkins), and it's close considering Manny hasn't done too much since 2009-early 2010. And he already beat Bradley IMO, so unless he really kills Bradley in this rematch, it doesn't change my opinion. He already beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Margarito is the only fight that didn't end up happening where sole blame is on Floyd, and that wouldn't have been much of a career changer, would have been a good win back in 2006.

LOL at comparing the way Cotto went independent and left Top Rank to the split that Arum and Floyd had. They'd hated each other for years and Floyd had to buy his way free, and Arum vowed never to work with him again. Two totally different situations. Floyd has the best resume in total wins and everything other then Manny in this era (yes that includes Hopkins), and it's close considering Manny hasn't done too much since 2009-early 2010. And he already beat Bradley IMO, so unless he really kills Bradley in this rematch, it doesn't change my opinion. He already beat him.
              Just saying the approach taken by Floyd could have been different. Buying out his contract was fine as that was how his contract was stated.

Floyd always says that he is his own boss. Then he could have had the best of both worlds and fought both GB and TR fighters from the get go.

Again, Sergio Martinez is not a TR fighter yet Arum has made him take on and beat up his own fighters. Why? Big money makes Arum happy. Floyd vs TR fighters would have made big money.

The excuse used to be that TR only has his own stabble of fighters fighting each other. While that does happen, again, Sergio Martinez is not a TR fighter. So that excuse was just an excuse by the Floyd fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                Preach!

Fact is if the net was around back then, people would be whining about the popular fighters too, no matter how great they were
                Sorry but Floyd told Bob Costa that he didn't want to be like them great fighters. "Health came first"

Comment

Just saying the approach taken by Floyd could have been different. Buying out his contract was fine as that was how his contract was stated.

Floyd always says that he is his own boss. Then he could have had the best of both worlds and fought both GB and TR fighters from the get go.

Again, Sergio Martinez is not a TR fighter yet Arum has made him take on and beat up his own fighters. Why? Big money makes Arum happy. Floyd vs TR fighters would have made big money.

The excuse used to be that TR only has his own stabble of fighters fighting each other. While that does happen, again, Sergio Martinez is not a TR fighter. So that excuse was just an excuse by the Floyd fans.
                  If Sergio was associated with Showtime and Golden Boy would the fight be happening.....No. End of that discussion.

If you really don't believe Manny refusing the testing for like 2-3 years, and Arum's stadium talks and cut not being ready in time had nothing to do with that fight not happening...then you really are like talking to a brick wall. They all played a part in that fight not happening. All I know is when there were real contracts, it wasn't Floyd who walked away. But they ALL played a part in that fight not happening.

Comment

Margarito, LOL. Is this Bob Arum. The cheater would have gotten smoked too, even with loaded gloves. And yes he was cheating all along. Plaster in the gloves, don't forget that. Floyd chose Baldomir instead, after he bet Judah for the WW title. He also left TR. Fighting the cheater would have renewed his contract, instead he paid $750,000 and became the highest paid athlete in the world. Read WW with Heavyweight financials in FORBES. Arum, admits Floyd is light years ahead of other boxers. It also explains the money, cause I know you don't believe me.

Comment

Sorry but Floyd told Bob Costa that he didn't want to be like them great fighters. "Health came first"
                      He already is like those great fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X