No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Notebook: Bradley Fight in Doubt; Arum Rips Schaefer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Notebook: Bradley Fight in Doubt; Arum Rips Schaefer

By Robert Morales - It appears there is a good chance welterweight champion Timothy Bradley will not be fighting after all Dec. 15 in Miami, promoter Bob Arum said Wednesday.

"Bradley may not fight this year, that's what we're hearing from his manager," said Arum, who was on hand at Fortune Gym in Hollywood to play host to a workout for the fighters involved in Saturday's card at Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. where Nonito Donaire will defend his super bantamweight title against Toshiaki Nishioka (on HBO).

"It may be his foot or whatever, but he may wait until next year to fight. That's up to him."

Cameron Dunkin, Bradley's manager, confirmed the news that the foot injury Bradley sustained during his controversial victory over Manny Pacquiao in December is an issue. Dunkin said he would know any day if Bradley will be able to make the December date.

Arum said there would still be a show at Marlins Park in Miami that night, even if it does not involve Bradley, whose opponent was also up in the air. First it was thought that Robert Guerrero could get the nod, then those negotiations apparently went awry and Lamont Peterson's name surfaced for a possible rematch of a fight won by Bradley in December 2009. [Click Here To Read More]

Schaefer wants to pocket half of the purse LOL, real classy GBP.

turning down 1.2 million for Guerrero is idiotic, if I were Guerrero i'd dump GBP asap.

Comment

Schaffer will answer so ill wait cause out of the two Arum us more of the scum

Comment

Arum is an a-hole. But he's smart enough to not make libelous statements in public. So the 1.2 mil with Guerrero & GBP is probably true OR he would get sued.

Comment

If he was fighting Peterson again, I could care less if it's off.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
            Schaefer wants to pocket half of the purse LOL, real classy GBP.

turning down 1.2 million for Guerrero is idiotic, if I were Guerrero i'd dump GBP asap.
            Don't believe everything you hear from Arum. He is more than likely pissed that the Ghost is looking to fight Berto in hopes of getting a fight with Mayweather.

Comment

Looks like no Donaire vs. Mares then. Can't Arum just retire already and get out of the sport?

Comment

Petersons a bad choice 4 Tim, who needs to let the Decmber dust clear & gon on...Floyd seems the only 1 available...that's ok...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Looks like no Donaire vs. Mares then. Can't Arum just retire already and get out of the sport?
                  I don't agree w/u my boxing friend...as w/Don King, look @ all the fights that won't get made, though Don is all but gone,but I will say lately Arum is in2 2 many legal issues, he should just promote at 80...

Comment

Arum should retire already. Til then. Boxing is gonna hurt. Who would of thought something as simple as the best fight the best. Could be so complicated

Comment

Working...
                    X