Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**** Got Real. University Study Into A Zombie Outbreak.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** Got Real. University Study Into A Zombie Outbreak.

Researchers at University Of Ottawa and Carleton University, both in Ottawa Canada, have delved into the subject of Zombies. "When Zombies Attack!: Mathematical Modelling of an Outbreak Of Zombie Infection" is the title of their paper. Looks like Canada is leading the way to ensuring a secure future for humanity.

http://www2.carleton.ca/newsroom/top...ie-apocalypse/

"It’s a display of the rigorous math, statistics and models used to analyze infection rates of real-life diseases and to demonstrate how a virus spreads through a population."

One problem the researchers had in modelling zombie attacks is that popular culture has yielded two different types of undead, the second of which can potentially infect people faster. The slow-moving, mindless variety was made famous by the classic 1968 thriller Night of the Living Dead , while the smarter, faster and more independent type have cropped up in more recent films such as 28 Days Later and the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead.

In the end, the faster, brainier zombies didn’t make the cut when it came to modelling.

The mathematicians considered a scenario in which there was rapid “zombification” after people were bitten by undead creatures, and another in which the incubation period was 24 hours. Both ended badly for the human race. “In this [second] case, the zombies take over, but it takes approximately twice as long.”

They considered quarantining the zombies where possible. This didn’t avert catastrophe either, even if captured zombies were destroyed.

Finally, they studied the impact of a cure that restored the humanity of the infected, but didn’t grant people immunity. In this case, some humans survived, but only in low numbers.

The only solution that worked was rapid destruction of zombies - the same lesson conveyed by Hollywood.

“As seen in the movies, it is imperative that zombies are dealt with quickly, or else we are all in a great deal of trouble,” the mathematicians said

Here is the actual study
    www.mathstat.uottawa.ca/~rsmith/Zombies.pdf

Other links
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8206280.stm

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...-research.html

This guy knows what's up.

And I thought I played too much Resident Evil. Those guys need to spend that money on more important researches than "Zombie Outbreaks".

Comment

hey you found the videos i made for the public

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        And I thought I played too much Resident Evil. Those guys need to spend that money on more important researches than "Zombie Outbreaks".
        you wont be saying that **** when the aliens come to implant the zombie virus on our world

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

No such thing exists. Zombie survival is priority # 1.

Comment

Sweet. Lets do this!

Comment

ill have my gat and shovel ready

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
                lol To bury Zombies?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  lol To bury Zombies?
                  nah i just seen in mad movie covers ppl always have baseball bat and shovels vs zombies lol

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
                    Hahaha I would love to see you in a zombie apocalypse with your Faux hair, tight clothing and man purse running around all confused and feminin

Comment

Working...
                    X