Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recomend a whiskey thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've always liked jim beam... the black labeled one is specially nice...

Comment

The blue label or any other scotch has absolutely nothing on this. As a matter of fact this should /thread.

Comment

time to bump this old thread.

I've tried about 25 or so different malts and whiskeys since i made this. I wish i hadn't cos now i just don't like normal cheapish whiskey anymore.

I prefer the unsmoked kinds in the affordable price range so Islay malts whilst still being very drinkable aren't where id look first, but i did try a smoked one (cant remember which one) in an airport sampling which depressed me cos i instantly knew whenever i tasted it i'd never be able to afford it. No idea how much it was but it tasted like it wasn't even alcoholic it was that smooth. Probably cost as much as my car and probably 4 times as old to boot ffs.

Question for the more experienced alcoholics sorry connoisseurs.

How can 2 different batches of whisky be so different? Was doing a bit of window shopping today and saw a Glenlivet 16 nadurra. I like their 12y/o so had a bit of a look on google. Depending on what batch you buy, the %alc is between 52% and 61%
        wtf?

Is there much difference in tastes?

Think this one is gonna be my next experiment, or a Balvenie 14yo just because i've never tried one that has matured in caribbean rum casks before.

The 16yo Bushmills is still my favourite to date that I've been able to afford to buy a bottle of.

Comment

Dorwart Whisky

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
            Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Get out.

Ahahaha the first time I agree completely with Piggy!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
              The blue label or any other scotch has absolutely nothing on this. As a matter of fact this should /thread.

Same here or Laphroiag and Macallan.

Comment

"The only whiskey is Irish whiskey"- the Leprechaun

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk O'Connor View Post

nuff said
                  I'd rather get 3 bottles of Ardbeg than Blue Label. What a waste of money that turned out to be.

------------

Honestly, if you're just getting into scotch, start off with pretty much any Glen- series, they are fairly smooth without too much peatiness and smokiness which turns off a lot of novice scotch drinkers. Then a Laphroaig or Ardbeg might seem much more appealing to you as you start to develop a taste for it.

Comment

Canadian Hunter is great

Comment

Old Thompson whiskey is like the worst thing in the world.

Comment

Working...
                      X