Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do soldiers overseas get HBO and boxing PPVs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
    AFN? cuz I heard they be getting good stuff nowadays.
    Correct. They showed a lot of the big fights.

Comment

in a couple coutries, I was able to watch free PPV. I think I was in Thailand when I saw at around noon time Jones vs Tarver fight. Cant remember which was it.
      Good to know man, thanks.

Originally posted by Hidden View Post
      They probably just buy them online. You can buy the PPV on your computer for Top Rank PPv cards I believe. But you get a Top Rank broadcast not an HBO or Showtime
      I've actually done that before, and to be honest I'd pay more just so I don't have to listen to Mario Lopez and Brian Kenny.

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      I got it for free in Iraq. The Army Network shows it.
      Sweet man. Thanks for letting me know. I just didn't want to live in a world where soldiers get to watch WWE and not boxing. I enjoy both, but WWE is just more out of habbit at this point. Also thanks for everyone's service.

Comment

Not anymore. They used to have a lot of the fights on a few years ago. Now they'll only pick up a fight if it's like Floyd or Pac. They show all the UFC fights though, which is cool I guess but I don't watch them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Not anymore. They used to have a lot of the fights on a few years ago. Now they'll only pick up a fight if it's like Floyd or Pac. They show all the UFC fights though, which is cool I guess but I don't watch them.
          So I guess TS is stuck watching BATISTA and LESNAR going from WWE champion to UFC champion back to WWE champ for the next couple of years. Sounds like fun!

Comment

my bad, not sure if TS is going overseas or just asked out of curiousity. I guess Service members are stuck with it.

Comment

Yes they do and I believe rumor has it that Floyd provide them with it.

Comment

AFN? cuz I heard they be getting good stuff nowadays.
                Ehhhh, they have the big fights on.... that's about it.
                The ships sometimes have PPV fights on them while they're underway..... just like Pacquiao or Floyd though.
                Pretty sure in the end it's up to the CO

Comment

my bad, not sure if TS is going overseas or just asked out of curiousity. I guess Service members are stuck with it.
                  Militaristic pride getting to you. No worries we all suffered from it .

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                    Yes they do and I believe rumor has it that Floyd provide them with it.
                    Maybe for his fights only.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                      Militaristic pride getting to you. No worries we all suffered from it .
                      LOL. I just recently got out. I did almost 10 yrs. Great experience! Great stories.

Comment

Working...
                      X