No announcement yet.

Great fighters with bad footwork.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great fighters with bad footwork.

What are some fighters who were successful, despite having poor footwork?

Can't think of any that had particularly bad footwork, it's one of the main fundamental skills you have to have down too become great, could see someone throwing out Joe Louis but you could argue his footwork was right for his stalking style and he made it work, his feet were extremely quick in his prime, he could cut off the ring, never crossed his feet or found himself off balance, could throw any punch he wanted and move with it. Every boxer has their own style of footwork that works for them and if they're lacking footwork chances are they're not going to make it into the 'great' short list.

I might be setting the bar too high for your question though.

Comment

Froch is maybe the best terrible technical fighter I've ever seen. Nothing he does is looks proper, but he gets those wins somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        Froch is maybe the best terrible technical fighter I've ever seen. Nothing he does is looks proper, but he gets those wins somehow.
        Lewis sort of....He often got tangled up in his own feet, against Briggs and others he seemed to sometimes stand there looking lost instead of moving away.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          LOL.. not sure if sad that its true, or great that its true.
          i like to think its a good thing. goes to show how great heart chin and power can take u faar

Comment

Trinidad

Mosley

Cotto at times

Comment

Footwork is so important in boxing, I can't imagine any great fighter having BAD footwork. Maybe "okay" or "average" footwork, but not "bad".

Comment

Working...
              X