Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have HBO showed any interest in Juan Franscisco Estrada?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have HBO showed any interest in Juan Franscisco Estrada?

Question in title.

Would make sense for them to show the world who Gonzalez' best opponent is if they are going to invest in RG.

He's Mexican, very skilled, pretty exciting and young. Could be pretty good draw by Flyweight standards.

it would be an awesome rematch but I don't think it would happen, neither Gonzalez or Estrada want the rematch.

Comment

from what i've seen, not at all. inoue seems to be higher on their list of priorities

Comment

He's appeared on HBO2 in Macau several times. But they've cut their budget so they don't have much room for him.

Comment

He was considered for Bradley-Vargas undercard.

Comment

They have to start somewhere and because they need someone for Gonzalez to fight, particularly if they're selling him as the PFP best, Estrada will be their best immediate option. I'd also expect them to begin taking looks at Inoue, Cuadras, Reveco and maybe even Ioka and the Thai as opponents and potential opponents for Gonzalez.

Comment

the only american promoter with any interest in him appears to be bob arum. the only other flyweights that i recall featuring on top rank cards are ruenroeng and shiming, so maybe it will be versus one of them that estrada gets back on american tv? maybe on a donaire undercard?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                the only american promoter with any interest in him appears to be bob arum. the only other flyweights that i recall featuring on top rank cards are ruenroeng and shiming, so maybe it will be versus one of them that estrada gets back on american tv? maybe on a donaire undercard?
                I think Arum wanted him to lose to Viloria or Melindo to build a star in Asia. I don't think he ever planned on grooming Estrada. A flyweight with a technical boxing style isn't going to excite the corporate world.

Comment

If Estrada spoke English, he would be a much bigger draw. Gonzalez also. Filipino fighters speak English so no translation needed. No disrespect to my Filipino brothers globally.

GGG speaks enough to get by. Floyd penalized for Ebonics. Marquez learned as much English as he could. Kovalev .... Vladimir ... Speaks better and can speak in many tongues.

Basically popularity depends on a lot of factors.

Having a 6 fight exclusive deal with HBO and whipping axx, keys to stardom. Add English ::: and you are gonna be a media monster generating big pay days.

Comment

Working...
                  X