Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Was Really Impressed By Porter Last Night, and Look Forward To His Future, BUT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    2 different things. Deserving the fight and thinking he would be competitive.

Everybody agrees Maidana deserved the fight. Nobody thinks he will be competitive though.

Now everybody seems to think Porter deserves the fight. Whether he will be competitive hasn't been discussed yet.
    That's non sense. Everyone think he deserved the fight two months ago sure, but that is slowly turning into, Maidana didn't deserve the fight, and by the time May 3rd comes and goes, and a year passes it will turn into why in the **** did Mayweather fight Maidana?

That's what this place does. That's what they will do to Porter to. Praise him as the most deserving, next Mayweather opponent. Floyd will pick him, destroy him, rinse and repeat "why the **** did Floyd fight him"...

So all I'm saying with this thread is why don't we give Porter some time to really prove himself so questions can't arrise.

Comment

He's a Champion so it's logical.

If Floyd beats Maidana and then Porter he'll have 3 of the 4 belts at his weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
        Isn't that the case with Maidana, but 90% of this board ****s on Maidana and the fact Mayweather is fighting him.

This forum doesn't know the difference between the inside of their ass and reality.
        Well, that's just not true. Most people were just fine with Maidana getting the fight.

Comment

That hook. Where did it come from.

Comment

That's non sense. Everyone think he deserved the fight two months ago sure, but that is slowly turning into, Maidana didn't deserve the fight, and by the time May 3rd comes and goes, and a year passes it will turn into why in the **** did Mayweather fight Maidana?

That's what this place does. That's what they will do to Porter to. Praise him as the most deserving, next Mayweather opponent. Floyd will pick him, destroy him, rinse and repeat "why the **** did Floyd fight him"...
            That's not true. Everybody preferred Maidana over Khan. It was like 90%-10%.

Of course Pacquiao was always the preferred opponent but that's not happening.

Comment

So all I'm saying with this thread is why don't we give Porter some time to really prove himself so questions can't arrise.
              Questions will arise regardless it doesn't matter who Floyd fights that's become pretty clear now.

Porter is a logical fight to make and a good one.

People say Floyd doesn't fight people with footspeed well there's a guy with footspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Well, that's just not true. Most people were just fine with Maidana getting the fight.
                That may have been the case, but if you have paid attention at all to peoples opinions as time goes by it's not turning into that.

Comment

Why are people talking Mayweather already? I mean really?

Why don't we let Porter prove himself a little more and fight Thurman & Khan. Build his name a bit. I hate bringing numbers into any conversation, but if twitter followers mean anything Porter has 6k compared to a guy like Maidana who has 111k.

It's annoying how this happens. A guy gets a decent win, and in impressive fashion against an average WW and he should jump the pack and get a shot at Floyd. You guys did it with Ortiz, Guerrero, (I HATE TO SAY IT), Maidana, and now Porter & Thurman.

If you don't like Mayweathers selections, then quit lining them up for him.
                  who did robert guerrero beat to get may weather?

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
                    who did robert guerrero beat to get may weather?
                    The way he beat Berto had people Clamoring that he would do the same to Mayweather.

I never thought that and I don't rate Guerrero high at all. I think he is by far the worst opponent chice since Baldomir.

For some reason people still rate Guerrero high at WW even though he has done NOTHING. Maidana would destroy him. He's already been destroyed by pressure fighters 20 lbs lighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X