Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once and for all Ryu-Ken. Who's better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the game. The only pure SF game that Ken has been by consensus better is 3rd Strike (in which he is significantly better). Ironically in AE2012 they are probably close to equal objectively on the tier list, but Ryu is more balanced and popular among some prominent character loyalists and so tends to get the nod (there's been no truly great/dominant Ken player, and he has a reputation as scrubby in this game). MOV, one of the GOAT 3rd Strike players, played Ken at EVO and there's an extremely strong player from High Desert who got Top 32 using him (frequently plays at WNF).

I main Sakura myself (who is top tier herself and potentially better than both), so I couldn't really care less

Comment

Only played ST2 turbo and they seemed exactly the same to me, but i don't play fighting games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
        Depends on the game. The only pure SF game that Ken has been by consensus better is 3rd Strike (in which he is significantly better). Ironically in AE2012 they are probably close to equal objectively on the tier list, but Ryu is more balanced and popular among some prominent character loyalists and so tends to get the nod (there's been no truly great/dominant Ken player, and he has a reputation as scrubby in this game). MOV, one of the GOAT 3rd Strike players, played Ken at EVO and there's an extremely strong player from High Desert who got Top 32 using him (frequently plays at WNF).

I main Sakura myself (who is top tier herself and potentially better than both), so I couldn't really care less
        I can dig that Sakura is better than both because I've been walked by plenty of people sporting her. IMHO I do believe that both Ken & Ryu are somewhat underpowered & if it wasn't for Ken's ultra combo's he'd have been cannon fodder.

But I started using Guyle & Balrog & I must say that they are way stronger than the red & white twins!!

Comment

Well, Ryu is the most popular character in the franchise. Ken is the second.

Clearly, though, most of you don't know shit about Ken. So you make ******ed assumptions, none of you know the story of either of them so arguing is pointless, you wouldn't know wtf I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post

Ken's the best character in third strike, true. and in AE, Michael Tan is the number 1 pro player for Ken in the world, with over 300,000BP.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
              Well, Ryu is the most popular character in the franchise. Ken is the second.

Clearly, though, most of you don't know shit about Ken. So you make ******ed assumptions, none of you know the story of either of them so arguing is pointless, you wouldn't know wtf I'm talking about.
              I kinda know the story & I'm also genuinely interested in what you have to say about them, if you're willing.

Comment

Ken's the best character in third strike, true. and in AE, Michael Tan is the number 1 pro player for Ken in the world, with over 300,000BP.
                wat a fukin nerd....

Comment

Originally posted by dj Cerrote View Post
                  wat a fukin nerd....

on topic: ken is the shyt. if you like to spam ranged attacks, ryu is awesome. his dmg for blasts are high plain and simple. while ken's combos are a percentage faster.

so if you're a legit beast at SF, using straight cqc combos, head-to-head, you'll be picking ken before ryu. if not you'll be using ryu for the added blast dmg.

but **** both rock howard > twins. (capvsnk ref)

Comment

I'd fuk u clowns up with Blanka........

jk, i blow at street fighter. Haven't played it in about a year. Picked up tekken few days ago to play online after not playing in 2 years and got sodomized. I lost my touch with my main character.

Comment

Actually Ken is only 4th best in 3rd Strike, and some would even debate that. Chun-li is by far the best character in that game, followed by Yun and Makoto.

Comment

Working...
                      X