Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which group of Welters/Jr Welters has better potential for exciting fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which group of Welters/Jr Welters has better potential for exciting fights?

I hate the promo wars and wish TR and GB would work together; it's unfortunate for the fans that these two are only matching their fighters within their own promotions.

With the recent addition of Miguel Cotto to the TR stable
    (and if he moves to 147, which seems likely), it suddenly seems that Bob can better mix and match his fighters to create the more intriguing and exciting matchups.

What do you think?

Top Rank:

Pacquiao
    Cotto
    Marquez
    Bradley
    Rios
    Alvarado
    Provodnikov (works with TR)

Golden Boy:
    Mayweather
    Guerrero
    Broner
    Maidana
    Garcia
    Matthysse
    Khan
    Alexander
    Top Rank
    33.33%
    Golden Boy
    66.67%

It's sad we even have to make these threads.

Comment

Who cares who is better? What does this matter?

So sick of this crap. Manny v Floyd has ruined so much of this sport. The divide reaches every last drop of boxing. From TR vs GB to VADA vs USADA to HBO vs Showtime to even Lucas vs Danny.

I hope their fans all get the ****s.

Comment

Cotto is a free agent. He could fight anyone on that list if he could make 147.

But to answer your question, I feel GBP easily has the deeper roster.

Comment

It's close for me but I voted for Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
            I hate the promo wars and wish TR and GB would work together; it's unfortunate for the fans that these two are only matching their fighters within their own promotions.

With the recent addition of Miguel Cotto to the TR stable
            (and if he moves to 147, which seems likely), it suddenly seems that Bob can better mix and match his fighters to create the more intriguing and exciting matchups.

What do you think?

Top Rank:

Pacquiao
            Cotto
            Marquez
            Bradley
            Rios
            Alvarado
            Provodnikov (works with TR)

Golden Boy:
            Mayweather
            Guerrero
            Broner
            Maidana
            Garcia
            Matthysse
            Khan
            Alexander
            Trade Matthysse and ghost with Bradley and thenyou have some really great fights to be made, including the lineal title (if you are like the TRBB and dont recognize lineal) between floyd and tim.

Comment

Everyone of those fighters for Top Rank has had a FOTY canidate in the last 12 months while none of the ones for GBP has ever had one except for Khan and Maidana

Comment

Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
                Cotto is a free agent. He could fight anyone on that list if he could make 147.

But to answer your question, I feel GBP easily has the deeper roster.
                We'll he's working with TR now, on a fight-by-fight basis. I believe the move to TR is to seek a rematch with Pacquiao or maybe take on the Marquez vs Bradley winner. Hell, if Rios somehow beats Pac, imagine a scrap between Cotto and Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  Everyone of those fighters for Top Rank has had a FOTY canidate in the last 12 months while none of the ones for GBP has ever had one except for Khan and Maidana
                  That's what I was looking at. The GB roster is a potentially great one, but when you really look at it, none of the fighters have been known for being in those types of fights (FOTY), except for (like you said), Khan & Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                  X