No announcement yet.

No Choice: Calzaghe Must Face Kessler Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    The title was vacant when they fought, but it probably is his best win...
    Who did Kessler wrestle his titles away from?

I'm telling you man, Kessler and Lacy have had damn similar careers. Itd be exceptional irony if Kessler were to suffer the same fate at the hands of Calzaghe as Lacy did.

Comment

Sin dont like Brit fighters, but he seems not to have anything against danish boxers. Kessler is the only one Danish boxer i know though. I would have thought Sin would want a yank to spank the brit.

Comment

kessler doesnt fight going backwards, he rises his hands and moves till he has room to come punching from the outside again, he was able to get away with it against slow guys, but calzaghe is on another level, even if kessler lands some punches on him, joe would get inside and outwork him fairly easy, bring on calzaghe vs taylor or hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Miksterious View Post
          Who did Kessler wrestle his titles away from?

I'm telling you man, Kessler and Lacy have had damn similar careers. Itd be exceptional irony if Kessler were to suffer the same fate at the hands of Calzaghe as Lacy did.
          Kessler has at least beaten one champion, Beyer...

Lacy and Kessler have similar careers, but Kessler's opposition is flat out better and he has a completely different style. It's not the exact same fight...

UK fans seem to think that Calzaghe doesn't have to prove anything since beating Lacy. I mean, I see no other reasoning why they wouldn't want this fight to take place. Being champion means fighting the top contender and there is no bigger threat to Calzaghe's throne at this time than Kessler...

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Sin dont like Brit fighters, but he seems not to have anything against danish boxers. Kessler is the only one Danish boxer i know though. I would have thought Sin would want a yank to spank the brit.
            $iN doesn't like Anorak LOL and that is why he lumps all British together.. even Canadians who only live there..

Comment

I think that you're rather misinterpreting us UK fans there.

Basically, we would quite happily see Calzaghe fight Kessler.

However for the majority of us, we'd rather see him fight Kessler if he cannot get Hopkins, Wright or Taylor. Very few of us would prefer to see him prioritise Kessler over those three...afterall, why should he? The other three are bigger fights, more credible opponents, have better legacies, are higher on the P4P list and would reward Calzaghe with a better legacy of his own (as their worth and quality is absolutely undisputed) and with more money than Kessler.

I dont know any of us 'UK fans' who would rather see Calzaghe fight some random jobber as opposed to Kessler if none of those fights did come off.

However, I must stress, if those three fights did not get made and Calzaghe took a fight with Woods, Dawson or to a much lesser extent Froch...I certainly wouldnt complain and consider Calzaghe to be 'ducking' Kessler.

Comment

good, calzone should fight kessler, its the only fight that makes sense. both have taken care of their mandatories, there are no more real deserving contedners in the SMW divison, and in a boxing world with four titles in each division, when you have two champions in one division, thats a gift.

unification matches are too rare already. but this one can easily be made. kessler obviously wants it, calzone im not too sure about and he probly isnt either.

Comment

"At least 1 champ"

What was Ross Thompson? What was Robin Reid? Rubin Williams?

In fact Reid and Williams alone I consider better than everyone Kessler has ever faced in his entire life.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Lacy and Kessler have similar careers, but Kessler's opposition is flat out better and he has a completely different style. It's not the exact same fight...

UK fans seem to think that Calzaghe doesn't have to prove anything since beating Lacy. I mean, I see no other reasoning why they wouldn't want this fight to take place. Being champion means fighting the top contender and there is no bigger threat to Calzaghe's throne at this time than Kessler...
                    Kesslers last 5 fights..

Andrade 24-0-0
                    Beyer 34-2-1 WBC champ
                    Lucas 38-6-3
                    Mundine 23-2-0
                    Siaca-18-4-0

Lacy

Tsypko 19-1-0 1 nc
                    Calzaghe 40-0-0 WBO champ
                    Pemberton 29-3-1
                    Reid 38-4-1
                    Willaims 26-1-0

If you ask me.. Lacy's List looks a bit more challenging..

as for your statement that Champs.. and that would include P4P number 1's
                    Should fight top contenders...
                    Where does that leave Floyd Mayweather??? who you always stick up for.. But crap on fighters who display similar behavior???

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
                      Kesslers last 5 fights..

Andrade 24-0-0
                      Beyer 34-2-1 WBC champ
                      Lucas 38-6-3
                      Mundine 23-2-0
                      Siaca-18-4-0

Lacy

Tsypko 19-1-0 1 nc
                      Calzaghe 40-0-0 WBO champ

Pemberton 29-3-1
                      Reid 38-4-1
                      Willaims 26-1-0

If you ask me.. Lacy's List looks a bit more challenging..

as for your statement that Champs.. and that would include P4P number 1's
                      Should fight top contenders...
                      Where does that leave Floyd Mayweather??? who you always stick up for.. But crap on fighters who display similar behavior???
                      Challenging, perhaps, but he didn't win them all.

Kessler hasn't got an all time great record list - far from. I agree.
                      But ever since he could, he picked the best he could get - Except Eric Lucas, they were high rated. This is over a short period of time, and you can only pick a fight with who's around. He wouldn't get any credit for fighting anybody fresh of a defeat.

Kessler hasn't just won his previous fights, he has outclassed every single one. Altered his style to every opponent, and shown complete control. Did Lacy do that as well?

Siaka - WBA, you wouldn't know who Kessler was if he didn't take that fight.
                      Mundine - mandatory
                      Eric Lucas - was rated in the top ten, but he was past his best.
                      Beyer - WBC, it helpt get attention.
                      Andrade - WBC, mandatory.

But he has done enough to be called legit.

And I think we all agree anyway. This is the fight if Joe stays at smw..

What Joe does next is more exiting than his upcoming fight..
                      Last edited by Peder; 03-27-2007, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X