Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Eyes Hatton Revenge, Targets Senchenko For 4/20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goddamn, Khan needs to stop ducking Prescott. It's the most logical fight. I don't get why he doesn't want to avenge his first loss. Khan vs Prescott is a much bigger fight in the UK than Khan vs Senchenko.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
      **** a catchweight, thats some ***** ****. Either fight a jww or fight a ww its that simple. Khan should take a page from Rosado and be a man.
      Let's see what Rosado says after the fight, see Chad Dawson.

Khan is a JWW, Senchenko is a WW, it is entirely fair that if they are to fight they meet somewhere in the middle.

Hunter says he wants Khan at 140 for some time to come.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 01-17-2013, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless
        Goddamn, Khan needs to stop ducking Prescott. It's the most logical fight. I don't get why he doesn't want to avenge his first loss. Khan vs Prescott is a much bigger fight in the UK than Khan vs Senchenko.
        Prescott is a nobody. Do you know how much exposure Senchenko just got by fighting Hatton? Do you know how many people will attend and watch in hopes of watching Senchenko lose cause he beat Hatton? This is actually a smart fight and smart promoting from Khan Promotions.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Senchenko has some UK profile now after beating Hatton. he's fresh in the memory, while Prescott's big moment was almost 5 years ago. but, generally speaking, i agree with you, now would be a good time to address that defeat, and redemption drama is always a good sell.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Let's see what Rosado says after the fight, see Chad Dawson.

Khan is a JWW, Senchenko is a WW, it is entirely fair that if they are to fight they meet somewhere in the middle.

Hunter says he wants Khan at 140 for some time to come.
            So Khan should fight an actual 140lber then, and there are many to choose from.

Matthysse/Allakhverdiev/Mayfield/Shafikov/Olusegun/Cuenca/Postol/ Provodnikov, etc.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 01-17-2013, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Prescott is a nobody. Do you know how much exposure Senchenko just got by fighting Hatton? Do you know how many people will attend and watch in hopes of watching Senchenko lose cause he beat Hatton? This is actually a smart fight and smart promoting from Khan Promotions.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              Anybody who knows Khan knows about his knockout loss to Prescott. That knockout was hilariously legendary. There's a great revenge story line behind it. Senchenko beating a shot Hatton didn't prove anymore than Kevin McBride beating a shot Mike Tyson. Everybody in the UK knows it meant shit and it will be seen as an easy tuneup fight for Khan. Khan already had his soft touch against Molina. Now it's time for his chin to answer some questions.

I mean, forget the the gate for a second. Prescott has a win over Khan and Khan doesn't want to avenge it. That shit is cowardly. He wants revenge for Hatton, but not revenge for himself?

I don't even think that highly of Prescott, but he's definitely in the fringe contender level. It's a fight Khan should be able to win and at the same time it's the type of fight Khan needs to prepare himself for a Garcia rematch. Senchenko is a low tier level fighter and won't help Khan prepare at all.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-17-2013, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Amir Khan beats anyone at 140.

If I was him I'd just take this fight at 147 against Senchenko

If Danny wants it, Amir will go back down to 140 after that to fight the rematch around July time.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  So Khan should fight an actual 140lber then, and there are many to choose from.

Matthysse/Allakhverdiev/Mayfield/Shafikov/Olusegun/Cuenca/Postol/ Provodnikov, etc.
                  You have to factor in the role of the promoter. GBP has named three opponents: Lopez, Ortiz and Senchenko.

Even then judging by his comments it's not down to Khan to choose one, it's down to what will do good business (i.e. Senchenko is known in the UK, where Khan's next fight will be).

I don't think Senchenko should have to make 140, I don't think Khan should have to move up when his coach doesn't want him to, if the fight is to be made in my opinion the fairest way is to meet at a catchweight.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 01-17-2013, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    You have to factor in the role of the promoter. GBP has named three opponents: Lopez, Ortiz and Senchenko.

Even then judging by his comments it's not down to Khan to choose one, it's down to what will do good business (i.e. Senchenko is known in the UK, where Khan's next fight will be).

I don't think Senchenko should have to make 140, I don't think Khan should have to move up when his coach doesn't want him to, if the fight is to be made in my opinion the fairest way is to meet at a catchweight.
                    Somebody is gonna wind up getting shafted for Khan's benefit. Then, Khan will turn around and claim he deserves a shot at Garcia. The WBC already played the part by gifting him their stupid Silver title. I don't understand how beating a LW and a drained WW is gonna prove that Khan is progressing. This is the same shit they're pulling with Canelo.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 01-17-2013, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                      **** a catchweight, thats some ***** ****. Either fight a jww or fight a ww its that simple. Khan should take a page from Rosado and be a man.

On a another note I like this fight, its another fight Khan will be expected to win but is a winnable fight for Senchenko.
                      This is a huge payday for Senchenko, 500k UK pound is around $800K US, that a load of money if this goes through and it will be a huge motivation factor for Senchenko, if he win this one then any fight out there is possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X