Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC Legend Ken Shamrock to fight Bare knuckle Boxing vs James Quinn McDonagh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC Legend Ken Shamrock to fight Bare knuckle Boxing vs James Quinn McDonagh

Ken Shamrock will face James Quinn McDonagh in a bare-knuckle boxing fight in April.

The 51-year-old UFC Hall of Famer made the announcement on his website on Wednesday. The fight is expected to take place in the United Kingdom. No other details, including an exact date, are currently available.

A statement on Shamrock’s website details why the former UFC star is planning a return to the world of combat sports.

“Shamrock is in great health and feels invigorated by this opportunity to continue to compete and to continue giving back to his fans. Shamrock is going back to his roots as a fighter. Knowing his body well, Shamrock knows that his decision to re-enter the ring for the love of this sport is a sound decision,” it reads. “Shamrock adamantly believes that age should never be a restriction to any athlete. People can do amazing feats past their prime, if it’s a priority to them.

“Shamrock knows that bare-knuckle boxing is a sport with great potential to grow well beyond where the sport is today. His involvement in this sport is to show support and help its success.”

Shamrock has not competed since 2010, when he was finished in the first round of his bout against Mike Bourke at a King of the Cage event in South Africa. Most recently, “The World’s Most Dangerous Man” has been doing some promotional work with Bellator MMA.

McDonagh has a lengthy YouTube resume somewhat akin to that of a pre-UFC Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson. In the clip below, McDonagh competes in a match where he is supposed to either knock out his opponent or pummel him until he gives up.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC...in-April-79911

Didn't even realize Jimmy Quinn still fought.

Comment

I wish the Shamrock and James toney fight had happened

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        I wish the Shamrock and James toney fight had happened

Sadly as much balls James Toney has he would get messed up by Shamrock unless Shamrock takes another dive like he is known to do from time to time.

James Toney is probably the most fearless man in combative sports, who the hell goes into UFC with no experience doing half ass jiu jitsu training with a beer belly and stiff legs going against a grizzled UFC wrestling legend in Randy Couture? only a crazy mofo.

Man I wish more fighters had Toneys fearless balls.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Sadly as much balls James Toney has he would get messed up by Shamrock unless Shamrock takes another dive like he is known to do from time to time.

James Toney is probably the most fearless man in combative sports, who the hell goes into UFC with no experience doing half ass jiu jitsu training with a beer belly and stiff legs going against a grizzled UFC wrestling legend in Randy Couture? only a crazy mofo.

Man I wish more fighters had Toneys fearless balls.
            I'm sorry but Shamrock is a joke. Toney would have laid his a** out. The fight between the two was a mix of boxing and mma; where they wouldn't let if be on the ground longer than 30 seconds.

Toney is a monster no doubt about it. But Shamrock was severely overrated in his MMA career.

Comment

Working...
            X