No announcement yet.

Vanes Martirosyan "Lara was running like an amateur"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    I don't remember the last time a fighter say that he would simply out-box his opponent to a win. I analyze match-up by styles and other factors, not by trash-talk.
    I have heard boxers say they intended to outbox their opponent lots of times. I analyze a fight by what I have seen from them before. I never said or implied that I analyze any fight by pre-fight trash talk. I am not a fan of trash talking. I think it is unessessary and stupid. Both fighters promised to go to war. Vanes tried to but Lara did not. If that does not bother you then that's you. It annoys me when fighters talk trash about destoying the guy and then fight a cautious, safety first fight. If Lara won't back up his trash talk then I think he should shut up. I am sure Lara will talk tough before his next fight but few will believe him now. He is a good fighter and a fine boxer but he is often not much fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I have heard boxers say they intended to outbox their opponent lots of times. I analyze a fight by what I have seen from them before. I never said or implied that I analyze any fight by pre-fight trash talk. I am not a fan of trash talking. I think it is unessessary and stupid. Both fighters promised to go to war. Vanes tried to but Lara did not. If that does not bother you then that's you. It annoys me when fighters talk trash about destoying the guy and then fight a cautious, safety first fight. If Lara won't back up his trash talk then I think he should shut up. I am sure Lara will talk tough before his next fight but few will believe him now. He is a good fighter and a fine boxer but he is often not much fun to watch.
      Great analysis. 100% agree. Lara ruined what could have been an amazing and entertaining fight for all The fans. Lara, By his running and cautious game plan, he really hurt both his and Vanes' stock value. Vanes was ready to go to war like a man and give the fans what they want cuz he learned after joe green, the importance of giving an entertaining fight and not just winning. Sucks for Vanes, now cuz of lara, his reputation took a hit as a boring fighter to most fans who don't understand who is truly to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        You're right, I agree 100%.

I think Vanes should've fought Maidana and Lara should've fought Lamont Peterson.

Then we would really know how well they'd do against Canelo.
        Your In a completely different weight class, this is 154 buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          So you know that Lara's style isn't to go to war, yet his words led you to think he would. That's fine, but I never imagined that this fight becoming a war. I expected a tactical fight with some exchanges. Their fight was a bit too tactical though, and hopefully they let their hands go a bit more in the rematch.

Comment

They both fought like AM's to be honest. Vanes still fights in that style but he was definitely for war and to impress, Lara has a more solid pro style but sometimes still fights like he's worried about being scored by AM judges...it was just a bad night but I still want to see an outcome. I'm willing to hold off judgment until they get down in the rematch maybe it turns out better

Comment

Originally posted by Cali boxer View Post
              Hard to believe leading up to this fight everybody on here was talking about Vanes getting manhandled and it being a short night for him. He was actually the agressor and took the fight to Lara. Lara is not all that great the way people were making him sound and now I think Canelo could woop his ass to be honest. Vanes should go after K9's belt or fight El Perro IMO.
              Lara's style is too minimalist even when he's dominating. It's mostly one punch at a time. He's gonna win a decision on a Top Rank card fighting like that.

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              Like I said before
              These are the two that are suppose to beat Canelo? Really
              Canelo is my boy but he's fighting blown up jr WWs while these top 154lbers are fighting each other.

Comment

I hope there is no rematch cause that fight was terrible and boring. Both fighters are boring, both look amateurish and both are overhyped and talk to much. Canelo would KO both these clowns. Neither of them deserve a shot.

Comment

I don't remember the last time a fighter say that he would simply out-box his opponent to a win. I analyze match-up by styles and other factors, not by trash-talk.
                  So you know that Lara's style isn't to go to war, yet his words led you to think he would. That's fine, but I never imagined that this fight becoming a war. I expected a tactical fight with some exchanges. Their fight was a bit too tactical though, and hopefully they let their hands go a bit more in the rematch.
                  I never said his words led me to think he would go to war. I said fighters should not talk trash if they are not going to back it up. You seem to like to argue. I don't. We just disagree so please leave me alone. No need for you to reply.

Comment

Originally posted by tiko123 View Post
                    Your In a completely different weight class, this is 154 buddy.

Lmao..............

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      Lmao..............
                      LMAO Your dumb ass didn't even get the joke. Jokes on you.

Comment

Working...
                      X