Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mastertech1985's the ones we missed Part 2: Ricky Hatton vs Arturo Gatti 2003-2005

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mastertech1985's the ones we missed Part 2: Ricky Hatton vs Arturo Gatti 2003-2005

During this time Gatti had re-established his place as a world class competitor, and Hatton was making a name for himself on the way up.....Gatti lost to money in 05 and Hatton defeated Kostya Tszyu for the title at 140. Both were top ten contenders for several years at 140 and the weight was stacked with talent.

I'd favor the swarming Hatton over Gatti....I believe Hatton was slightly stronger, was faster of foot and hand....Gatti had the edge in experience and Hatton had youth on his side. Gatti had a slight edge in power. Gatti wouldn't be able to hold Hatton off if he couldn't hold off a fringe contender Like Mickey Ward....Though tough, he wasn't as talented as Hatton

I pick Hatton by late stoppage.....cuts, accumulation, and those murderous body shots would eventually slow Gatti down after a treat in the first 6-8 rounds. The naturally bigger Hatton will begin to Maul him. Kostya Tsyzu was one of the hardest hitters in divisions history and he backed him up and outfought him. He'd have a slightly easier time with Gatti, who does not have the skills or consistency of the Hall of famer TSZYU

Comment

Isn't that the Gatti De La Hoya sparked out? I think Hatton would have steam rolled him too. Gatti best days were like 97-00.

Comment

ricky wins.

he gets a lot of crap but ricky was tough, strong and pretty quick.

maybe not a top elite but ask malignaggi if ricky was a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
          Isn't that the Gatti De La Hoya sparked out? I think Hatton would have steam rolled him too. Gatti best days were like 97-00.
          come on guys....at the time, fans actually wanted the fight to happen

your timing is a lil off 97-00 he took 3 losses....two to Ivan Robinson and 1 to Angel Manfredy....all at lightweight

He started his career, lost an early fight and was on a hot streak until 1998

Gatti's only loss between 2003-2005 was against Floyd Mayweather in june 2005

between his loss to Ward and his loss to Mayweather, Gatti was on a good run, his trainer buddy mcgirt was hot because of he and Antonio Tarver.....Gatti beat Leonard Dorin, Jesse James Leija, Mickey Ward 2x, and Gianfranco Branco winning the WBC 140 title in the process.....Arguably this was the best run of his career

I think the fight would have been great and full of action but Hatton would win though

Comment

Originally posted by mastertech1985 View Post
            come on guys....at the time, fans actually wanted the fight to happen

your timing is a lil off 97-00 he took 3 losses....two to Ivan Robinson and 1 to Angel Manfredy....all at lightweight

He started his career, lost an early fight and was on a hot streak until 1998

Gatti's only loss between 2003-2005 was against Floyd Mayweather in june 2005

between his loss to Ward and his loss to Mayweather, Gatti was on a good run, his trainer buddy mcgirt was hot because of he and Antonio Tarver.....Gatti beat Leonard Dorin, Jesse James Leija, Mickey Ward 2x, and Gianfranco Branco winning the WBC 140 title in the process.....Arguably this was the best run of his career

I think the fight would have been great and full of action but Hatton would win though
            Im not knocking the late, great, Arturo Gatti. I just think the younger, fresher, Hatton would have beaten him, and beaten him up.

As far as my timing on Gatti, I was more saying in a physical state to compete with Hatton would have been better from 97-00. I think Gatti then would have given a young Hatton a helluva fight.

And those Gatti-Robinson fights were good fights. Weren't they real close? I'm trying to jog down memory lane here.

Comment

Working...
            X