No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hennessy Hopes Haye vs. Fury Lands in December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hennessy Hopes Haye vs. Fury Lands in December

As everyone knows by now, David Haye announced on Saturday that was pulling out of next Saturday’s heavyweight scrap with Tyson Fury ­after ­suffering a cut over his left eye in training.The Londoner needed six stitches to the wound sustained in a sparring session.

Yet the news brought a bizarre reaction from the Fury camp with his uncle, Peter Fury, ­saying: “Tyson thinks it’s 100 percent ­manufactured. And I want to move on and look forward to the next fight.”

It is the second ­successive fight Haye has been forced out of after a hand injury scrapped his bout with Syrian Manuel Charr – ­scheduled for June 29 – in May. [Click Here To Read More]

That'll do, December is usually a quiet month for boxing.

Comment

Man sky must be p*ssed at the moment how many of these behind the ropes have they filmed and then been cancelled? Klitschko/Chisora, Alexander/Brook (twice) and now this all spring to mind in recent times.

Comment

Complete bull****. They said Haye's stitches will be out in one week.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
          I've had a deeper cut than Haye and I can assure you that it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 weeks to completely recover from it. The fight can be made by the end of october or beginning of november!

Comment

too much money for this fight not to happen...especially for fury as I think his purse in 5 million pounds...

Comment

To the author, imo it's not that bizarre a reaction from Fury given Haye supposedly faked an injury to get out of the Charr fight and has a history of this sort of thing.

Comment

Why should it be postponed for nearly three months. That cut cannot be a 3 month injury. I hope team Fury finds another opponent instead, so that Fury can stay active. Fuck Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                  Dude just because the stitches come out, doesn't mean the cut has healed. If he went into a fight, it would open up by the first glance of any shot.

Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
                  I've had a deeper cut than Haye and I can assure you that it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 weeks to completely recover from it. The fight can be made by the end of october or beginning of november!
                  How do you know how deep it is genius? 2-3 weeks?

hahaha, you are insane and clearly have no clue about scar tissue and a healing of a cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    Why should it be postponed for nearly three months. That cut cannot be a 3 month injury. I hope team Fury finds another opponent instead, so that Fury can stay active. Fuck Haye.
                    Because they have shows scheduled from now until december. At the same time, Haye can't spar for approx 5-6 weeks at the least, which means he'll be totally unfit for boxing, before he's taken up another 4-6 weeks of sparring.

It also can't coincide with Froch-Groves, which means the plausible date is somewhere in december. You should be happy with that, early whispers said next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X